Horse! Its whats for dinner!

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
A cousin of mine came back from Netherlands with a pack of dried worms with BBQ flavour. Tourist attraction, if you ask me. It was like chewing on a stick of All Bran Fibers.
We have lots of insects here you can buy as snacks. Meal worms in ranch flavor are good. Crickets are great! Insects just taste like crunchy peanuts. In asia and other place they make up a good part of their diet. Their extremely healthy. As for horse we've all eaten it since they removed the ban on USDA inspecting horse slaughter's. Theres all kinds of rules and laws they can do. I think now Ground chuck can contain up to 10% horse. In FL since our big fish is grouper and its seasonal they passed a law here where the resturaunt can call any white fish grouper.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
The problem carnivorous animals are all kind of parasites. Like trichinas. That may also be a problem with wild boar. So that is off the list to. But not a problem with pig meat from the supermarket
I'll take a nice 80lb boar over some steroid antibiotic pumped swine from a farm anyday! If its under 100lb or so and cooked right its way better then store bought pig. Plus boar is eating clean wild food, pigs are eating genetically modified drug pumped protein pellets.