Horizon treadmill control board - 032671-HF repair

bw1

Joined Feb 8, 2018
My control board stopped working with the treadmill motor. I can get the motor to run by hooking up a cordless drill battery to the leads so it looks like the motor is good. In checking Horizon Fitness parts and EBay they seem to be expensive to replace. I saw an old post from IamJatinah that seems to indicate they can be repaired. Anyone have any suggestions where I could take the board to be fixed to get it fixed correctly (main capacitors, etc).? Thanks.

Brian

bw1

Joined Feb 8, 2018
The board still works to run the incline/decline motor and powers the control panel at the top. It just won't turn the motor to run the treadmill. Thank you.

IamJatinah

Joined Oct 22, 2014
Yep, older versions have the main switching FET, IRFP250, newer versions had the IRFP260N (preferred) and the kickback diode mounted next to it, a Fairchild 30u60 (preferred) on newer units, and 15u30 on older.
These two parts MUST be isolated from that metal frame to not allow frame ground to reach that hot circuit.
Check the main bridge rectifier, resolder relay pins and lug tabs.
Also to fix these up, replace the main storage capacitors, each are 1000uf 200v. Then there are a couple power filters on the output side that should be replaced, originally 820uf 25v but use 1000uf 25v instead. There is another capacitor I normally replace in the power supply, a 47uf 400v cap can be replaced with 47uf or better, at 250v or better. The 400v rating was due to large buys of that value to be able to stuff that designator for both 115v and 230v versions on many board sets at Horizon ;o) Be careful, good luck.

MarcusW

Joined Jul 30, 2018
I have a Horizon Model T91Treadmill that turns on normally but the 2HP motor doesn't turn. The motor control board is 032671-HF. I checked the motor and it turns smoothly when I hooked up a 12V battery charger. I checked the voltage between the red and black wires. It is always 0v. When I check the voltage of each wire to the green ground wire they are are always identical + Voltages. As I turn up the speed on the treadmill, the lead voltages (both positive) to the motor go up. When I last checked they were both +50v. Shouldn't they be opposite voltages (+ 50v and -50v for example)?

Motor Control Board, Horizon T91 Treadmill 07-30-2018.jpg

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I checked the voltage between the red and black wires. It is always 0v. When I check the voltage of each wire to the green ground wire they are are always identical + Voltages. As I turn up the speed on the treadmill, the lead voltages (both positive) to the motor go up. When I last checked they were both +50v. Shouldn't they be opposite voltages (+ 50v and -50v for example)?
Check the Mosfet as in the above posts.
You only check for motor voltage across the red & blk.
Max.

I see the board that MarkusW is showing and I have the same board in my T50 Horizon treadmill. I went to use it this morning and the surge suppressor I have it on was tripped and wouldn't reset. I plugged it directly into the wall socket and sparks shot out from this motor control board. After removing the board I can see that resister R73 has a hole in it and the leg is burned open. Also the 47uf cap next to it has one leg missing, presumed burned off under the board. Does anyone know if this is systematic of bigger problems or is it worth replacing the two components? Also, R73 is hard to read but I think it's a NTC D-9 current limiting thermister. Does anyone have a clear picture of one or can confirm? My board is a JDYF02L revf.

I see the board that MarkusW is showing and I have the same board in my T50 Horizon treadmill. I went to use it this morning and the surge suppressor I have it on was tripped and wouldn't reset. I plugged it directly into the wall socket and sparks shot out from this motor control board. After removing the board I can see that resister R73 has a hole in it and the leg is burned open. Also the 47uf cap next to it has one leg missing, presumed burned off under the board. Does anyone know if this is systematic of bigger problems or is it worth replacing the two components? Also, R73 is hard to read but I think it's a NTC D-9 current limiting thermister. Does anyone have a clear picture of one or can confirm? My board is a JDYF02L revf.
20180818_103119.jpg 20180818_103119.jpg 20180818_103119.jpg 20180818_103119.jpg 20180818_103119.jpg 20180818_103119.jpg 20180818_102111.jpg

Alzimmer

Joined Mar 19, 2021
Yep, older versions have the main switching FET, IRFP250, newer versions had the IRFP260N (preferred) and the kickback diode mounted next to it, a Fairchild 30u60 (preferred) on newer units, and 15u30 on older.
These two parts MUST be isolated from that metal frame to not allow frame ground to reach that hot circuit.
Check the main bridge rectifier, resolder relay pins and lug tabs.
Also to fix these up, replace the main storage capacitors, each are 1000uf 200v. Then there are a couple power filters on the output side that should be replaced, originally 820uf 25v but use 1000uf 25v instead. There is another capacitor I normally replace in the power supply, a 47uf 400v cap can be replaced with 47uf or better, at 250v or better. The 400v rating was due to large buys of that value to be able to stuff that designator for both 115v and 230v versions on many board sets at Horizon ;o) Be careful, good luck.
Just confirming, I have a similar issue of a belt motor not running, everything else is functioning fine. From a 5.1T treadmill ( 013674-dg motor control board. It currently has the IRFP250 and a15u30. Are you saying i should replace them with a IRFP260N and a Fairchild 30u60??

Thanks in advance
Al

IamJatinah

Joined Oct 22, 2014
Just confirming, I have a similar issue of a belt motor not running, everything else is functioning fine. From a 5.1T treadmill ( 013674-dg motor control board. It currently has the IRFP250 and a15u30. Are you saying i should replace them with a IRFP260N and a Fairchild 30u60??

Thanks in advance
Al
Hi There, yes....use the irfp260 if possible over the irfp250 for the added capacity, same with the diode, ffpf30ua60 or surd3060. Mounting can be different between the original TO-220 and the ISO-backed 30ua60 but the isolation is greater as is the heat-sinking. If that irfp250 was shorted, you may need to check circuits upstream for damage. Not catching all failed parts can lead to another rip next time that motor rail powers up, which is an off-line switcher with hot-grounds so be super careful.

Jhonwx

Joined Mar 20, 2021
Hi There, yes....use the irfp260 if possible over the irfp250 for the added capacity, same with the diode, ffpf30ua60 or surd3060. Mounting can be different between the original TO-220 and the ISO-backed 30ua60 but the isolation is greater as is the heat-sinking. If that irfp250 was shorted, you may need to check circuits upstream for damage. Not catching all failed parts can lead to another rip next time that motor rail powers up, which is an off-line switcher with hot-grounds so be super careful.
Thank you for this valuable information :)

rubenq17

Joined Nov 16, 2021

rubenq17

Joined Nov 16, 2021
Hello, I’m new into the electronic world, and I would I prefiere some help. The thread mill some times it would run, and sometimes it won’t do anything. The red LED I ON. I checked the output to the motor there is no power. My board has the irfp260on, but when I test it I don’t get any voltage on the drain. According to the information online the right pin is gate, center is drain, and left pin is source. Is this correct? Thanks you all.

jatinah

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Hello, I’m new into the electronic world, and I would I prefiere some help. The thread mill some times it would run, and sometimes it won’t do anything. The red LED I ON. I checked the output to the motor there is no power. My board has the irfp260on, but when I test it I don’t get any voltage on the drain. According to the information online the right pin is gate, center is drain, and left pin is source. Is this correct? Thanks you all.
I might recheck the datasheet, as the IRFP260 is mounted, the left pin is the gate driven thru a 22-ohm resistor ;o)