Arduino control of a Horizon Paragon II treadmill motor control board?

CharlieInOttawa

Joined Jun 29, 2020
I was given said treadmill, and hope to use the motor and motor control board in a lathe, but without keeping the treadmill upper control board and controls/display. I had hoped that the treadmill had an MC-60 or MC-2100, but no luck. I have not been able to read the board number from the board, and cannot identify it from any of the many ebay ads for similar control boards.

IMG_20200614_142158.jpg

I have found a manual which suggests that console cable B3 is "speed control", B6 is "RPM" (which I'm guessing might be connected to a reed switch next to the roller pulley) and B10 is "PWM". "Correct voltage" for B3 is listed as zero volts (so I don't know how that can "control" anything) and for B10 is 5V, presumably that is PWM, and I don't know what frequency is required. Another thread here suggests that RPM feedback is critical for function of these boards, so just providing a PWM signal won't be sufficient.

Can anyone here identify that board (or guess the identity), or provide more information about the console <-> control board interface? Or would anyone like to swap this board set for an MC-60 or MC-2100?

Thanks

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The MC2100 and MC-60 do not require a rpm sensor, in these systems, it is not processed by the motor board, but sent to the console. So it bypasses the motor board.
The MC-60 just needs a 5k pot, the MC2100 uses a 20Hz PWM control signal.
P.S. I don;t recognize that board! :(
I have some MC2100's, I designed and built a 20Hz controller's for them, includes stop/start P.B. signal.
Max.

CharlieInOttawa

Joined Jun 29, 2020
Yep, I knew that about the Mc-60 and MC-2100. I really hoped you would be able to add something about the Horizon board. I can see a transformer on it, and the diode bridge. And what looks like a relay. Otherwise it's a mystery.

I might need to hunt for another treadmill, or buy an SCR board. I think the MC-xxx boards are too expensive for me.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Fortunately the popular ones have been reverse-engineered, but there are still a few odd ones out there with no details available, unfortunately.
Max,