Horizon T101 - Motor Control Board Help

Danycacks

Joined Apr 27, 2020
We have a Horizon T101 treadmill and out of nowhere it stopped working without the controls turning on. We replaced a Rectifier IRFP260NPbF (It looked burned out) and the controls panel turned on. The incline motor works with the controls panel, the speed buttons work but when you hit the go to start the treadmill the motor makes a noise and then get the famous "E1" error. So we tested the motor and it worked. Any ideas on what might be the next step? I have attached images after we replaced the Rectifier but I personally dont see anything.

Attachments

Danycacks

Joined Apr 27, 2020
Yeah it looked burned out so that is why we switched it out. But after switching it out, the treadmill turns on but the motor doesn't spin when the countdown starts to do a workout. Also when the countdown started I myself started to spin the belt by pushing it with my feet and i got "E2" and not the "E1" i don't know if that helps in anything. But if I just leave it normal and the countdown finishes i still keep getting "E1".

[QUOTE = "Danycacks, publicación: 1505131, miembro: 698019"]
Tenemos una cinta de correr Horizon T101 y de la nada dejó de funcionar sin que los controles se encendieran. Reemplazamos un Rectificador IRFP260NPbF (aparentemente quemado) y el panel de controles se encendió. El motor de inclinación funciona con el panel de controles, los botones de velocidad funcional, pero cuando presiona la tecla para iniciar la cinta de correr, el motor hace un ruido y luego recibe el famoso error "E1". Así que probamos el motor y funcionó. ¿Alguna idea sobre alguna podría ser el próximo paso? Adjuntado imágenes después de reemplazar el Rectificador, pero personalmente no veo nada.
[/ CITAR]
Revisaste el diodo de poder que acompaña al.mosfet, se daña y hace que no se active el relevo

Moderator:
This is an English Language only forum. Este es un foro solo en inglés.
Here is the Google Translate version:
[QUOTE = "Danycacks, post: 1505131, member: 698019"]
We have a Horizon T101 treadmill and out of nowhere it stopped working without the controls turning on. We replaced an IRFP260NPbF Rectifier (apparently burned out) and the control panel came on. The incline motor works with the control panel, the functional speed buttons, but when you press the key to start the treadmill, the motor makes a noise and then receives the famous "E1" error. So we tested the engine and it worked. Any ideas on any might be the next step? Attached pictures after replacing Rectifier, but personally I don't see anything.
[/ QUOTE]
You checked the power diode that comes with the mosfet, it gets damaged and causes the relay not to activate

Last edited by a moderator:

Dhooy7

Joined May 3, 2020
Yeah it looked burned out so that is why we switched it out. But after switching it out, the treadmill turns on but the motor doesn't spin when the countdown starts to do a workout. Also when the countdown started I myself started to spin the belt by pushing it with my feet and i got "E2" and not the "E1" i don't know if that helps in anything. But if I just leave it normal and the countdown finishes i still keep getting "E1".
Did you ever find anything that worked? I have a similar problem and curious for some advice. Thanks!

Zoltair

Joined Sep 23, 2020
We have a Horizon T101 treadmill and out of nowhere it stopped working without the controls turning on. We replaced a Rectifier IRFP260NPbF (It looked burned out) and the controls panel turned on. The incline motor works with the controls panel, the speed buttons work but when you hit the go to start the treadmill the motor makes a noise and then get the famous "E1" error. So we tested the motor and it worked. Any ideas on what might be the next step? I have attached images after we replaced the Rectifier but I personally dont see anything.
Did you ever resolve this? I am looking at the same board and situation.
All controls work, speed sensor works, motor tests fine, zero volts on motor leads.
Ours does't make any noise though at all! just and E1 error after 10 seconds, unless I move the track myself the speed sensors sees the belt moving and doesn't throw an error, but stop moving the belt and in 10 seconds, E1!

IamJatinah

Joined Oct 22, 2014
HI There,
This particular unit can be troublesome for a few reasons. That lower controller have a sticker with part number 1000111068 maybe? If so, it's an all-analog designed controller, so probing around irritates it a lot. Then, there are some inherent issue's like the 1A V Regulator standing up near a rectifier diode standing up with a bare cathode lead that can short to the rear tab (ground) of the 1A regulator(7812 I think). They changed a 1A to a .3A To-92 package regulator and then had to go back to the specified 1A device after silk screening for the smaller part.... Then, the IRFP260 has nothing to do with the console power whatsoever, and is used as the main FET which switches the motor power output.
Here is another quirk to this unit. That upper console board can have 1 of 3 CPU chips on it depending on manufacturer date. Now when they moved from the original CPU they had been using for about a decade, the MSP430 Motorola, to a Renesas part, someone overlooked the PWM spread allowable and appeared to copy coding blocks from the MSP430 coding to migrate it to the Renesas and the resulting "Start" pwm generated to that lower control board went from 4mS to 2mS which then starved the opto it is supposed to drive, leaving garbage on the output side of the opto, which by the way, lives on the HOT-GROUNDED motor rail side of things, which has a floating ground, can shock folks, kill meters and oscilloscopes and cause mayhem if grounds are crossed with test equipment or fingers ;o) Horizon sells uppers that have been corrected, and some shops can test those lowers. Good Luck

Salve a tutti, ho un problema con il mio tapis roulant Horizon/johnson t104 ho sostituito la scheda motore MLH0913P ma non parte, fa tre beep con i numeri dello schermo 5101 02 1 allora la console lo farà e, se tolgo il chiave di sicurezza, si si accende solo con trattini. Devo sostituirne un altro, grazie

Mod: Translated
Please use English text:
Hi everyone, I have a problem with my Horizon / johnson t104 treadmill I have replaced the motor board MLH0913P but it does not start, it makes three beeps with the screen numbers 5101 02 1 then the console will do it and if I remove the safety key , lights up with dashes only. I need to replace another one, thanks

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

IamJatinah

Joined Oct 22, 2014
Hi There, Upper console has an issue. These uppers can lose sanity. If there is no button response, I might lean to microprocessor or small feeding power supply for it. These uppers usually get 12v from the lower control board, and produce smaller power supplies for the micro and display sets. Good Luck

Salve, la console superiore ha un problema. Queste tomaie possono perdere la sanità mentale. Se non c'è risposta del pulsante, potrei appoggiarmi al microprocessore o ad un piccolo alimentatore per questo. Queste tomaie di solito ricevono 12 V dalla scheda di controllo inferiore e producono alimentatori più piccoli per i set di micro e display. In bocca al lupo
[/CITAZIONE]

Ciao a tutti, ho cambiato la scheda motore con una nuova e la console superiore del mio tapis roulant Horizon / johnson t104 e ora si avvia, ma a bassa velocità come si vede nel video il motore si avvia e fa un rumore a scatti e si accende una luce rossa sulla scheda, il rumore e la luce si spengono a velocità superiori a 8. Cosa potrebbe causare questo. Scusate ma ho tradotto tutto con google.

Attachments

jatinah

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Could I get a circuit schematic?
I haven't seen any formal schematic(s) available for any Johnson branded products except a few of the Matrix consoles. The PCB in the picture is a 220v version I see. This board can have various failures modes and is all discreetly designed, meaning probing on a live board can be challenging and a bit of a hazard. Red LED lit at all on the lower controller? Could be a console issue if no belt moving. Good Luck