Horizon 7.0AT treadmill Console Assistance

mbrenes

Joined Apr 18, 2020
Horizon 7.0AT treadmill Console Assistance
I have this treadmill that the console cuts on and off. The first time the issue occurred Horizon replaced the board, but the second board was having the same issue.

So I started inspecting the board, and the screenshot attached shows what I found to be the issue. This little section is a bank of resistors and one capacitor. With the naked eye it looks like it's totally normal. But if you magnify the area, I use a jewelers loop, you will see some type of green crust on the capacitor that is causing a short. Being extremely careful, I used a needle, I carefully removing the crust from the capacitor. Once cleaned the treadmill was no longer cutting off and on. I thought I resolved the issue, but a few months passed and again the treadmill console was cutting off and on. I rechecked the board and the green crust had come back. Cleaned it again, CAREFULLY, and of today (11/14) its working. My challenge is trying to figure what type of capacitor it is, because I believe it's a manufacturing defect and would like to replace the capacitor and try to figure out what is that green crustiness. It is a good treadmill. It's just that this issue is a bummer. Hopefully some electronics guru in the forum can tell me how to permanently resolve it.

mbrenes

Joined Apr 18, 2020
Is this the same area with hopefully a better pic? View attachment 278636I followed another thread here.
Yes that is the circuit. I contacted Horizon and they replaced the board. Same issue happened to the second board. I disassembled the area and the issue was sweat. That area where the circuit is located was getting wet with sweat. So I got another board from Horizon. Did not divulge why the second board failed. But before installing I made the area as waterproof as possible using bathroom caulk and covered that area of the circuit with duct tape just in case my waterproofing step failed. Horizon should waterproof their circuits. When working out I don't use the fan and cover it with a towel. This is the only area can sweat can penetrate at this point.

travs69

Joined Oct 16, 2022
My issue is I'm not the original owner it was working prior to moving it then started the safety key message pulsing on and off. I took it apart with the plan to test the safety key circuit and bypass if needed but that didn't seem to resolve and found my way to this thread.

mbrenes

Joined Apr 18, 2020
Was your corrosion on c9 c11 or both? I haven't gotten into that area yet but am going to concentrate on it.
The corrosion was on C10 mostly. It was like green and crusty. I was able to clean a bit and the board worked for while, but when it stopped working again that's when I noticed the moisture issue. And even after drying that area the board no longer worked. I tried troubleshooting but I'm not experienced enough and who knows what functionality the area of the circuit.