Home Made Audio amp help

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
Hi folks i need some help from the electronics pros on a small audio amp for my old lcd tv that sound is too low on the speakers despite to be on the max volume, i know the issue is on the main board , the only solution is to buy a new board but i don't want to shell out 50 bucks for a board . I have seen in Utube some home made audio amps but i'm weary about those projects, i 've seen a audio buit with an STK audio amp ,. I don't have STK4142, i have STK4273, my question if this is not fake and works can i do it with STK4273 instead of STK4142? thankshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcTZS5Y_IxQ

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
The SK4142 should be fine. How much power do you really need?

I find home appliances aren't as loud as they were when I was younger. I use an FM radio transmitter and an FM radio through which to listen to computer audio now.

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
Hi folks i need some help from the electronics pros on a small audio amp for my old lcd tv that sound is too low on the speakers despite to be on the max volume, i know the issue is on the main board , the only solution is to buy a new board but i don't want to shell out 50 bucks for a board . I have seen in Utube some home made audio amps but i'm weary about those projects, i 've seen a audio buit with an STK audio amp ,. I don't have STK4142, i have STK4273, my question if this is not fake and works can i do it with STK4273 instead of STK4142? thankshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcTZS5Y_IxQ
Appreciate mate; i only need to

I find home appliances aren't as loud as they were when I was younger. I use an FM radio transmitter and an FM radio through which to listen to computer audio now.
Thanks mate appreciate it; i only need to hear the tv sound ,i have this 32'' insignia lcd tv in the cellar for wife to watch her soaps while washing the clothes and

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
If you don’t want to build you can get amp boards for about $1.

Where are you planning in getting the signal to amplify? Is there a working headphone jack? That would be better than taking it iff the speakers.

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
Appreciate mate; i only need to

Thanks mate appreciate it; No audio out or head phones ,i only need to hear the tv sound ,i have this 32'' insignia lcd tv in the cellar for wife to watch her soaps while washing the clothes,

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
It depends. Do you want to DIY build your own? Or do you want to buy an off-the-shelf pre-made amplifier board?

STK4142II datasheet

STK4273 datasheet
Yes i could buy either a computer speaker with audio amp and get the tv speaker out put and get 12 v power from the board circuit , the thing i don't want to spend any money , i also have another tvs , but for the cellar where everybody goes to wash clothes in the apart. this tv will be ok, besides nobody wants to steal a faulty tv.

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
If you don’t want to build you can get amp boards for about $1.

Where are you planning in getting the signal to amplify? Is there a working headphone jack? That would be better than taking it iff the speakers.
Thanks bro ; i intend to get the 5Dc or 12Dc volts from the tv power supply or main board and connect audio out wire that connects the speaker .About the StK audio amp i only need help if the STK4142, pin out and in are the same as STK4273, i have difficult when comes to sort out theory of electronics schematic diagrams and stuff like that.

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
You can also buy exactly what you want ro build, just an amplifier board.
Yes i can buy, but i don't want to buy anything i have tones of ics and transistors and caps resistors, tv boards in my scrap.I have 4 stk 4273 i only need to know if the pin outs are same of STK 4142.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Thanks bro ; i intend to get the 5Dc or 12Dc volts from the tv power supply or main board and connect audio out wire that connects the speaker .About the StK audio amp i only need help if the STK4142, pin out and in are the same as STK4273, i have difficult when comes to sort out theory of electronics schematic diagrams and stuff like that.
You can do that, but the sound might be highly distorted or very noisy since the amp for the speakers is not functioning correctly.

That is why I asked a headphone jack, which often uses a separate amp on modern TVs. Audio output jacks would be even better. These take the signal before the power amp.

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
You can do that, but the sound might be highly distorted or very noisy since the amp for the speakers is not functioning correctly.

That is why I asked a headphone jack, which often uses a separate amp on modern TVs. Audio output jacks would be even better. These take the signal before the power amp.
No head phones or audio out, i have to take tv output that goes to the speakers to connect to the amp.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
The speakers may be powered from a bridge-output amplifier, which is not referenced to ground, and thus may have a DC component.
Use a non-polarized capacitor (e.g. 100nF) to connect one of the speaker outputs to the external amp, if that's the case.

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
The speakers may be powered from a bridge-output amplifier, which is not referenced to ground, and thus may have a DC component.
Use a non-polarized capacitor (e.g. 100nF) to connect one of the speaker outputs to the external amp, if that's the case.
Thanks mater appreciate ; i found this project with this transistor
,https://alltransistors.com/transistor.php?transistor=61752,
i don't have that Trans # but i found an MP 1620 ; https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/1451349/INCHANGE/MP1620/1

Also have this one ;https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/977453/SavantIC/D2493/1 AND this one https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/923351/Toshiba/D2525/1

Last edited: