High Voltage products

lordofentropy

Joined Apr 10, 2010
It appears to be a bit of a gap on looking for high voltage products to purchase on the interwebz, I am specifically looking for connectors/contacts/terminal/ and even if it exists wire to board. As far as high voltage, I am talking in the 15kV and up. I also had some issues finding HV caps, but I finally did find something suitable. So I figure if I could get a thread going of just people posting links to websites with high voltage products, actual distributors ready to sell, it could prove to be fruitful in the future for whomever runs into this.

lordofentropy

Joined Apr 10, 2010
Yes I am aware of this manufacture, however I am looking for places to buy from. You can not buy from manufactures page and must go through distrubuters like newark, mouser, digikey, etc. Infact, if you go on newark and look up TE's HV connectors they have one thing, they dont have the matting counterpart and they only have like 2 in quanity; regardless still useless without its mate.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Yes I am aware of this manufacture, however I am looking for places to buy from. You can not buy from manufactures page and must go through distrubuters like newark, mouser, digikey, etc. Infact, if you go on newark and look up TE's HV connectors they have one thing, they dont have the matting counterpart and they only have like 2 in quanity; regardless still useless without its mate.
This page on their website allows you to check distributor invntory
http://www.te.com/commerce/sck/cdi.do

If I had your part numbers of interest I would have done it for you. Yet another poster expecting miracles from a plaintive request without any useful information.

lordofentropy

Joined Apr 10, 2010
This page on their website allows you to check distributor invntory
http://www.te.com/commerce/sck/cdi.do

If I had your part numbers of interest I would have done it for you. Yet another poster expecting miracles from a plaintive request without any useful information.
Not expecting miracles, just looking for more options and unfortunately I've hit all there main distrubuters. Furthermore, like I originally posted i am not just seeking connectors. This is why I am always hesitant to post on fourms, b/c of insulting users like yourself. I have read so many negative posts from various users in a reply to someone over the years it took the discussion somewhere else. And to think a compiled list of high voltage distrubuters from big to small built up over time was asking too much.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
What's insulting about pointing out that your original post contained no useful information on what you were looking for? This is actually a fairly common occurrence here. I think you were grasping at straws, hoping there would be another someone like yourself interested in the very same things. We're just a collection of hobbyists here. Sorry it didn't work out that way, but if you want to know where the distributors of a product are, the manufacturer has to be the number one source. Is there a reason why you can't talk to them or they to you?

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I've never had a problem contacting the manufacturer for parts like these when working with a distributor. Most big distributors can get the part as a special order.

Another HV products vendor. http://www.rossengineeringcorp.com/
Funny you should mention that. In all my working career I had distributors and manufacturers' reps falling all over themselves competing for my business. What's changed since I retired just a year ago?

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Funny you should mention that. In all my working career I had distributors and manufacturers' reps falling all over themselves competing for my business. What's changed since I retired just a year ago?
Nothing, their jobs are still based on sales. The only time I've had a problem is with 'special' OEM versions of parts but most of the time the manufacturer rep will sell the same generic part just with a different number.

lordofentropy

Joined Apr 10, 2010
I am very happy for you both, but be that this range of high voltage is not a reaccuring theme in my life I do not have the list of all these contacts/distrubuters/venders. Also this is some what time dependent and in very, very small volume, hence one of the reasons why I created this thread. I also would like the info. for future reference, for example I was unaware of the existence of ross engineering corp and from what i briefly saw could be very useful in the future so thank you for that.

Last edited:

lordofentropy

Joined Apr 10, 2010
I'm underwhelmed by your sincerity.
Thats groovie, it was nsaspook who provided the link and I was and am grateful b/c may need to replace a stack soon and currently have glassman, so the availability of another option is always nice...plus the higher voltage spark gaps.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I've got a few old Glassman stacks/exciters (up to 160kv) and electrode supplies at the work boneyard. Those babies can make a nice light show at 90kv when someone puts something out of the corona rings. :D

lordofentropy

Joined Apr 10, 2010
I've got a few old Glassman stacks/exciters (up to 160kv) and electrode supplies at the work boneyard. Those babies can make a nice light show at 90kv when someone puts something out of the corona rings. :D
You might be the right person I need to speak too. We have an old glassman 250kv 2mA, modified for negative voltage...PG250N I believe. A guy decided to try and measure the ripple off of it with HV probe and broke the damn supply. I got thrown into the mix in attempts to repair it. Due to part of its interlocking system the stack must be connected to operate, and the stack is in a very inconveint place so is the driver...so making a CW fullwave doubler with the necessary Ifb and Vfb to engage supply on bench. You have much experience inside these guys?

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
"A guy decided to try and measure the ripple off of it with HV probe and broke the damn supply."

Maybe this guy should learn to be content with daydreams about such things and not try to get 'hands on' with these voltage ranges with out a GOOD reason. :)

lordofentropy

Joined Apr 10, 2010
Only to the level of seeing how bad the damage is for a estimate before sending it off for repair.
Appreciate it, but time dependent. Briefly had it working stepped through various voltages and was fine, then same guy tried to measure ripple again this time in a different spot and killed it again. One of the channels is blowing, the opposite one he was measuring blew the fuse and one of the 2 hv switching transistors. My thought is that by him adding the load on that one channel made the other channel blow b/c it had no load and both need to be synchronized, well 180 degrees out of phase, but sync none the less. I wasnt around when he did his measuring so I dont know exactly where and how he did it. Just know he used a high voltage probe (one of those giant red probes, not the fancy smaller hv probes for scopes they have now) and an old analog scope.

lordofentropy

Joined Apr 10, 2010
"A guy decided to try and measure the ripple off of it with HV probe and broke the damn supply."

Maybe this guy should learn to be content with daydreams about such things and not try to get 'hands on' with these voltage ranges with out a GOOD reason. :)
He has some reason, but the ripple is in range with specs of supply..so not much can be done about that.