High voltage (-150V to +150V) sweep generator

dren qerimi

Joined Aug 1, 2016
Hi everyone,
I am trying to build a high voltage (-150V to +150V) sweep generator. Can someone help me out, I am not very good with circuits?

Thank you

dren qerimi

Joined Aug 1, 2016
I am trying to read plasma voltage inside vacuum chamber, I usually do it thru an oscilloscope but I want to build/buy a circuit and make a code so I can in-situ read it from the PC directly.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Sounds like a nice project.

When you start talking about ±150V you are talking about slightly specialized parts. Do you already have power supplies to support this? If not, in what part of the world will you be buying parts?

How do you expect the voltage to vary over the range -is it a free-running triangle/ramp generator, is it DAC driver, or by another means?

dren qerimi

Joined Aug 1, 2016
Well, I make Langmuir probes which are devices to measure electron temperature and electron density of plasma ( ionized gas) inside vacuum chambers. The principle behind this device is very simple since its a diagnostic tool. We have very big power supply, up to 30kV with currents up to 10A. I usually do this using an oscilloscope but I wanted to build a circuit of my own and connect it to computer directly.