high/low pass filters

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
:) hi everybody,

i am looking for information :unsure: about high/low pass filter loaded and unloaded characteristics.

i know that as a normal procedure :rolleyes: we must consider that the source and load resistance must equal output impedance.

my question :blink: is what would be the effect if the source or load resistance is not equal to output impedance. i will try this experiment of actually making an imbalance circuit and see what will be the effect on frequency cut-off and also voltage output. :p

however i would like to see some reading materials regarding this. i have been trying to browse thru the net and so far it's a failure :(

any sources will be of great help and appreciated :)

Battousai

Joined Nov 14, 2003
Hi mozik,

So are you trying to study transmission line effects? It sounds like you are trying to do some kind of matching experiment?

The impedance on a transmission line transforms with it's length, search for Smith Chart. (I'm sure you already know this, just checking)

If the source and load impedance are not matched then there will be a reflection. Maximum power is delivered to the load when both the source and load are matched.

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
hi battousai,

it's good you mentioned the "smith chart" i had that at the back of my mind but just could not retrieve it, (old age maybe). i will surely check on that after me and family gets back from an island resort here in our country.

again thanx

by the way have just notice the new emoticons. it's darn great! now i won't have any problem presenting equations.

congrats to the guy who concretized this idea!

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by mozikluv@Apr 6 2004, 07:15 AM
by the way have just notice the new emoticons. it's darn great! now i won't have any problem presenting equations.

congrats to the guy who concretized this idea!
Good job jrap, I didn't expect it to be up and running so soon :)