High frequency common mode inductor

FuseFuse

Joined Feb 8, 2017
Hello,

I'm searching on the market some possible common mode inductors working in the 100 MHz - 1 GHz frequency range.
I'm curious about the way they are developed and engineered, since a standard inductor works at lower frequencies, let's say until 10 MHz, before its permeability goes to zero.

Can anybody suggest me products available on the market?

Thanks

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I am not personally familiar with those cores. The current handling capability depends a lot on the core itself and the design of the chokes.

What is your end application?

FuseFuse

Joined Feb 8, 2017
I am not personally familiar with those cores. The current handling capability depends a lot on the core itself and the design of the chokes.

What is your end application?
It's a common mode choke working at high current with THT mounting.
Due to low available space (internal diameter especially) I can't make many turns, then inductance would be poor but I'm mostly interested in its feasibility.

I also heard of a double core solution, one working at LF and the other at HF, if I want to have a broader attenuation spectrum. There is either the "stacked solution" or the "concentric" one.
https://passive-components.eu/high-...ilter-design-for-low-voltage-dc-distribution/

...but I've little experience with these.