HI,i wanna know what is the impedance board?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
OK, so i mean what are the difference between pcb board with impedance & with out impedance.
If you mean "controlled impedance" those are boards that use stripline or microstrip trace design to control the characteristic impedance of a trace for high speed signals.
This is needed to minimize edge reflections of high speed digital signals, or the SWR of RF signals.

Obviously if you don't do that, then the characteristic impedance of a trace is not controlled, but that's not generally not important for low speed signals.

nextofyourpcb

Joined Aug 6, 2019
If you mean "controlled impedance" those are boards that use stripline or microstrip trace design to control the characteristic impedance of a trace for high speed signals.
This is needed to minimize edge reflections of high speed digital signals, or the SWR of RF signals.

Obviously if you don't do that, then the characteristic impedance of a trace is not controlled, but that's not generally not important for low speed signals.
OK, so if a board belongs to controlled impedance, I can see some lines on the board right?