Helpppp Zener diodes

Hiranya Pasan

Joined Jun 1, 2015
As given in the figure below, power rating and the zener voltage of the two zener diodes (Z1 & Z2) used in circuit are 1 W & 10 V and 0.6 W & 6 V respectively. Minimum zener current needed for the satisfactory operation of both zener diodes is 2 mA.

1. If the battery has no internal resistance, find the range of RL values in which the circuit can be used as a voltage regulator satisfactory.

2. What would happen to the operation of the zener diodes if the battery emf is changed to 10 V?

THANK YOU :)

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
YOU need to show YOUR best attempt to solve YOUR homework. That gives us a starting point from which to help guide YOUR efforts to learn this material.

Hiranya Pasan

Joined Jun 1, 2015
1. Basically 6 V apply on the RL resistance, when Z2 & Z1 have minimum currents. Them I found current through the R1 and then current through RL. Then I found minimum value of RL such that when when Z2 & Z1 have maximum currents, I found maximum RL.

2. When emf changed to 10 V nothing would change.

Am I correct?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
1. Basically 6 V apply on the RL resistance, when Z2 & Z1 have minimum currents. Them I found current through the R1 and then current through RL. Then I found minimum value of RL such that when when Z2 & Z1 have maximum currents, I found maximum RL.

2. When emf changed to 10 V nothing would change.

Am I correct?
1. -- Show your work. Don't describe in broad brush strokes what you did (or tried to do). How can we possibly tell you if you made an error unless you show your work?

2. Wrong.