Help with Uni Project (GPS & UI)

Spudmckenzie

Joined Apr 21, 2021
Hi guys,

Me and a small team are software engineers at university and are creating a GPS tracking system for a sticker. We want to be able to implement a GPS into a small sticker and plan on using a small watch battery to power it. However, we wanted to see if anyone has had any experience in this before we dive in. Just looking for any information anyone can give us, such as which GPSs to use, what we would need to get this to output to a UI, if a small battery is going to be enough to power it. Honestly we have a strong software experience but lack in the hardware side. So if anyone can help us get this project off the ground we'd be incredibly grateful!

Thanks in advance guys,
Matt.

merdobeyz

Joined Apr 21, 2021
Hi guys,

Me and a small team are software engineers at university and are creating a GPS tracking system for a sticker. We want to be able to implement a GPS into a small sticker and plan on using a small watch battery to power it. However, we wanted to see if anyone has had any experience in this before we dive in. Just looking for any information anyone can give us, such as which GPSs to use, what we would need to get this to output to a UI, if a small battery is going to be enough to power it. Honestly we have a strong software experience but lack in the hardware side. So if anyone can help us get this project off the ground we'd be incredibly grateful!

Thanks in advance guys,
Mat.
I suggest you to use arduino, I think it will solve your problem if you do some research. I would like to help if there is a problem.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance guys,
Matt.
In order to help we are going to need a lot more rigorous specification. If you are going to do this right, you need explain how it will be used, and the various constraints (e.g.: budget, dimensions, weight, battery life, connectivity, etc.)

Without a specification there's no way to know if you can do it because there's no way to know what "it" is.

Describe how it will be used, which features are mandatory and which optional, time frame to completion, physical constraints, and anything else you know that is relevant.