Help With Relay switch

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by prerakk, Jan 31, 2016.

  1. prerakk

    Thread Starter New Member

    May 21, 2015
    hi guys i am planning to buy this :

    to control my devices via wifi.

    now the problem i am facing is , i want to control device (for eg. a normal 220v bulb) via relay switch (on board) AS WELL AS via NORMAL that if i turned on the light via relay switch , i can turn if off through normal switch or vise versa.hope u understand

    thanks in advance
  2. cornishlad

    Active Member

    Jul 31, 2013
    Electricians call this "2 way light switch" If the relays on the board are common Sondor relays they will have changeover contacts so you can control you lighting like you require..If the house switch is not a 2 way type you will have to change it. aaaaswitch.jpg
    William Heacock likes this.
  3. Dodgydave

    AAC Fanatic!

    Jun 22, 2012
  4. MaxHeadRoom


    Jul 18, 2013
    For some reason it is called 3 way in N.A. and a third or more is called 4 way?o_O
    As Intermediate in UK.
  5. cornishlad

    Active Member

    Jul 31, 2013
    Since I posted a thought occurs. There may be a problem with your scheme is the control is a remote one and you can't see the lamp in question. There is no way to see the result of your action. When you operate the remote control the light will always change to the opposite state to that it was before. The logic of the controlling software will also have to be "latching" (like a wall switch) or the lamp will change state momentarily.