Help with calculating Hz in siren curcuit

SainAralor

Joined Oct 9, 2016
Hi! Could anyone help with how to calculate Hz in a siren system? Here is a picture of the system:
SainAralor_schematic.jpg

The Hz of the first astable 555 circuit is supposed to be 1 Hz and the other system is supposed to be 1kHz.

I used this formula:

SainAralor_calcutations.gif

(the one on the top called "to calculate frequency")

I tried to put 3.3u as the c value and 0.01u (converted to Farad of course). I also tried to put both in series and in parallel, but i couldnt get 1Hz!

What am i doing wrong here?

All help much appreciated, and thanks for your time!

Moderators note: replaced unwanted links with uploaded pictures

Last edited by a moderator:

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Hi! Could anyone help with how to calculate Hz in a siren system? Here is a picture of the system: http://imgur.com/a/N9E6Q

The Hz of the first astable 555 circuit is supposed to be 1 Hz and the other system is supposed to be 1kHz.

I used this formula: http://imgur.com/a/SZipc (the one on the top called "to calculate frequency")

I tried to put 3.3u as the c value and 0.01u (converted to Farad of course). I also tried to put both in series and in parallel, but i couldnt get 1Hz!

What am i doing wrong here?

All help much appreciated, and thanks for your time!
Please provide a 'clean' link! -- Speaking for myself, I have no desire to join another site nor expose myself to their spam, etc. merely to view your images/'outside' post{s}! Advice and instruction are offered gratis here - inasmuch as basal courtesy (on your part) costs nothing!

With regards
HP

Last edited:

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
The second stage's 'control voltage' input (and, hence, output frequency) is 'swept' by the first stage...
HP that brings back memories for me cuz when I was a kid I used switched DC levels on pin 5 of astable 555 for FSK generator and it ran error free at 19.2k baud with just ps osc cap but I had ten pole RC LPF on output! Now everyone is probably saying I was super industrial strength stupid for not just using XR2206 with onchip digital keying circuit and sine output:oops:! So I was just having fun building RS232 to FSK translator w/o special chips:)

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Could you explain that a bit? Sorry i'm quite new to this :)

The main frequency astable is centerd on 481hz, without the 1 hz astable it would make a continuous tone, the second astable is clocking at 1 hz and increases and decreases the 481hz, so it may sweep from 400hzto 600hz due to the control voltage on pin5.