Help with 8 program led light controller

dosgringos

Joined Nov 10, 2015
Hey all,

I'm curious if anyone was able to find a soldering solution the OP was asking about for their board as I have the same one (It looks like dosgringos has a slightly different controller).

I want to bypass the 8 functions and keep the lights on all the time.

I'll post pictures for reference:
View attachment 96199 View attachment 96198

Thanks in advance.
You want to remove the two triacs and solder the two pads linked in yellow.

Attachments

Thanks dosgringos,

In all likelihood your suggestion would work, but I already found a workaround by desoldering the four wires in the red oval and attaching them to the two pins in the yellow circle. Effectively connecting them directly the to incoming hot line.

IMG_0334.JPG

Just out of curiosity, are you 110V? What you did appears to connect directly to AC current. For some reason I thought the mini-controller was 12VDC output.

Yes I am on a 120V circuit.

And I believe the resistors on the board act as a voltage divider to give the desired Vout. Which is why the lights aren't bearing the full brunt of 120V.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Should I just cut the leads to them and solder across the two set of contacts as indicated in the previous post? I think that my board looks like his.
Might be as well to identify the MT1 and MT2 leads - strapping the supply voltage to the gate connection might do some damage.

You want to remove the two triacs and solder the two pads linked in yellow.
Hi, I have a similar board (marked XB-2B) as I attach, I also want to bypass the controller and leave them steady on. Would the solution of cutting the triacs and solder the two pads linked in yellow like dosgringos says work for me? Thanks!

2016-10-24 13.34.51.jpg 2016-10-24 13.35.11.jpg

Virgil1986

Joined Jan 2, 2017
So I opened the box again to get a better look at the circuit. Kind of strange that it appears to have a TRIAC that was unsoldered (not that it was connected to any outgoing wire).

Looks like my PCB is a variation of examples 2 and 3 of the solution link. I have highlighted where I think I need to solder a tinned wire. Just would like someone to confirm I am on the right track.

View attachment 94499 View attachment 94498
I made my controller stay on constantly by soldering 4 connections, I left the TRIACS in.

IMG_2294.JPG

This connects one terminal of the transistor to the common track which leads to the additional board.

Madis345

Joined Nov 16, 2019
Hello,
Old thread, but I'm trying. I have exactly the same problem, I need to bypass my led controller and keep leds constantly working. Remove triacs, but which pads need to be soldered together? Big thanks in advance!

Attachments

Zwetschke

Joined Dec 4, 2019
Hello,
Old thread, but I'm trying. I have exactly the same problem, I need to bypass my led controller and keep leds constantly working. Remove triacs, but which pads need to be soldered together? Big thanks in advance!
hi Guys. I also have the problem with the controller YB 608, unfortunately my is not listed. I took 2 pictures, could someone help me? he starts each time with the 1 mode. I just want to shine permanently. thanks and greetings from Germany

I need help with a couple of led xmas lights I bought which uses a 8 function mini controller. I opened it up and took a picture. I installed it just below the roof line and I attached a switch lower to the ground. I noticed that if left switch off for a long period of time the light revert to the original setting of combination (all sequences will be played in intervals) when I had set it to steady on. Since it is too high to reach the controller every time, is there a way to keep it steady on by uhmm I don't know maybe cutting a connection or jumping one? Any help would be great. Thanks.

The 8 Functions
1. Combination
2. In Waves
3. Steady On
4. Slow Glow
5. Chasing
6. Slow FAde
7. Twinkle
8. Steady On

I just want to bypass the controller altogether
Where I can buy this cob chip??