HELP! wiring on Pedal Assist Bike

Joseph Jerome

Joined Sep 17, 2018
Hello good evening everyone,

I`m hoping to find help from this thread. My son`s pedal assist bike has stopped working and upon inspection, we found 3 wires unsoldered from the crank and when we open it, there`s no way for me to figure out how to solder. This bike is very important to him since he uses it to go from our home to his school. Please note I don`t have knowledge in electronics just know how to solder. I don`t even have a tester right now but willing to buy one but doesn`t know how to use it (but willing to learn just don`t know where to start). My son and I are hoping it`s an easy fix so we appreciate any help you guys can give us. Attached here are the pictures of the said board.

Thank you so much.

Your`s truly,
Joseph JeromeIMG_6796.JPG IMG_6797.JPG IMG_6798.jpg IMG_6801.JPG IMG_6799.JPG IMG_6800.JPG IMG_6802.JPG

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
That could be a hard one to figure out. Do any of his classmates have a similar bike? If so maybe you could look at the same component on one of those. Looks like an example of bad engineering, there should have been some kind of strain relief on that cable. To keep it from pulling through the housing. If you do repair it make sure to do something so that when the cable gets pulled on it can't do this again.