Help to identify smd component 0201 package

Joao Vale da Cunha

Joined Sep 23, 2016
Hello, I am having some trouble to identify a small black smd component from my xiaomi tablet, the tablet doesn't turn on anymore although the cpu gets hot...I opened and checked the logic board, i found a small smd component with the plastic on top broken, so this could the culprit. The problem is that i cannot fin which type of component it its, when measuring it the current was flowing in both directions but then again it could already be damaged, and it is placed between two line one showing ~2.3V and the other showing ~1.3V.
It a black smd package 0201 and the only marking were 2 parallel bars and and A. the board as more of similar component but this only show one bar and A6 or A1, this ones when I measure them no current flow in any of the 2 directions. My initial thought was that it could be diode but i searched several manufactures and distributors and I do not anything similar anywhere (with same package and marking)
I attach a picture of one of the similar components but with the mark A1, maybe someone here can help me identify this and then i can search for the one with A marking only.
Thanks very much to the community!!!

Attachments

Joao Vale da Cunha

Joined Sep 23, 2016
Hi thanks for your fast reply, I did cheeked first with a magnifier and then using a microscope so I am positive its an A, the dimension fits to the 0201 package it has approximately 0.63mm for 0.3mm,and the drawing is how it was marked 2 bars and a single A. I attach some pictures of the board and the place where the component is, this pictures i got on the internet, since in my board i removed the component, but still doesn't work.

Attachments

Veracohr

Joined Jan 3, 2011
I suspect the two bars at one end mark tje cathode of a diode. Sometimes they mark one end of a polarized capacitor but I don't know if any are made that small.