Help to connect relay module to cooler wires

vahid67

Joined May 21, 2019
Hello Guys,
I'm new to electronic boards with a background of programming without experience in hardware, but I'm very interested in hardware too.
Currently, I programmed a NodeMCU ESP8266 to control a relay module (It's working great) to control my old swamp cooler.
This is the old switch currently I'm using to turn on/off the pump and the two speeds motor.

2.JPG

And this is the 4 relay module, I'm using IN1 for the pump, IN2 for motor speed 1, and IN3 for motor speed 2, also for power I'm using from NodeMCU:

3.JPG

The problem is I don't know how to connect wires from the relay module to the cooler wires there're four wires come from cooler as you can see in the first image into the old switch.

Thanks for your help.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
You need to work out how the Switch is making the speeds work, is it connecting each speed wire to Live and what about the Grey wire?

Then you can use the relay terminals K1/4 which are change over types.

vahid67

Joined May 21, 2019
You need to work out how the Switch is making the speeds work, is it connecting each speed wire to Live and what about the Grey wire?

Then you can use the relay terminals K1/4 which are change over types.
Thanks, I found how they work in the old switch using multimeter & I could connect wires properly to the relay modules. And the relay & nodemcu both are working great with the swamp cooler.