Help! Simple DC circuits to analyze for university project?

Nuno Fernandes

Joined Feb 24, 2016
Hello Comunity!
I have to make a project for one of my classes that consists in creating a DC circuit with mainly resistors and power sources. However, "real-life situations and innovative circuits are extra valued". It doesn't need to be complex, just some power sources and resistors. The point is to come up with the circuit and formulate a problema around it, and also solving it, so that I can present the problem and the solution to the class. Can someone give me some ideas based on this information? Thank you for your time.

Nuno Fernandes

Joined Feb 24, 2016
I was thinking of something like an exercise with a simple circuit with resistors and power sources where you have to calculate tensions, currents, resistences and power ratings. Basically what we need to do is to formulate a problem, as if we were the teachers, and then solve our own problem. Some of my colleagues have circuits with LED's, for exemple, simplifying it to connecting power sources and resistances in series and making the problem about what tension should the power source have so that the maximum of current flows through the resistance. Another colleague of mine has a problem with heaters, basically putting some resistances together and asking the total power rating of the system, among other things. Can anyone give me some ideas?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
If your project is to come up a circuit and analyze it; having someone do it for you defeats the purpose of your assignment.

If you will receive a grade for this work, it should be posted in Homework Help instead of Projects.

Nuno Fernandes

Joined Feb 24, 2016
If your project is to come up a circuit and analyze it; having someone do it for you defeats the purpose of your assignment.

If you will receive a grade for this work, it should be posted in Homework Help instead of Projects.
Hello! I didn't mean i wanted anyone to analyse it for me. English is not my first language and i'm sorry if I made it sound like that. I just wanted some help coming up with a circuit so that i can analyse it