Help resetting powered HDMI Splitter 1x2

doby

Joined Aug 17, 2011
An HDMI splitter I have has stopped working. All the indicator LED's on the unit work as they should but there is no output.

Opening up the casing and inspecting the PCB reveals 4 contacts labelled 'VCC', 'REST', 'SWIW' and one that's unlabelled which I've confirmed is ground. Googling pictures of similar PCB's shows ones that have pins soldered in place so they can be jumped.

So my question is probably a simple one; which 2 of the pins must I short to reset the unit, 'REST' and ?....VCC or GND

Attachments

doby

Joined Aug 17, 2011
Chances are it is fried if you shutdown the power and turned off all attached devices and it still does not work.
Yeh this does seem likely. I think it suffered a power surge when I plugged it in and since then it hasn't worked. After reseting it I now get geen lines across the whole display but I could make out a picture briefly while shutting down my PS4 so its not totally dead. Probably not worth spending any more time on it though.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Yeh this does seem likely. I think it suffered a power surge when I plugged it in and since then it hasn't worked. After reseting it I now get geen lines across the whole display but I could make out a picture briefly while shutting down my PS4 so its not totally dead. Probably not worth spending any more time on it though.
Same thing happened to me.