Help regarding sensors required for my Final year project

Drekoooo

Joined Oct 10, 2020
Could you suggest me the type of sensors I could use for my final year project . I require heartbeat sensor to measure the BPM of the person then I require a temperature sensor which measures the temperature of the person and I require a respiration sensor which measures the flow rate of breathing all this sensors I'll be connecting to a raspberry pi .all the sensors needs to be placed on the person .it will be very much helpful if you could provide me links to each sensor as well
Thank u in advance

Drekoooo

Joined Oct 10, 2020
What research have you done so far?
So far I've done some research about heart beat sensor and I'm kinda stuck if I should use a pulse sensor or no regarding the temperature sensor I thought of using a thyristor but I hit a dead end when it comes to the respiration sensor

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Is it possible for me to implement this in my project and is it available in the market or do I have to make it ??
Did you read the article I posted for you? It contains all the information you need to build and calibrate your own, using the raspberry pi. Of course you will have to do some work to design and build your own mask and interface it to the microcontroller, but that is what final year projects are all about.You can buy a sleep apnea mask containing the thermistors but I doubt whether the manufacturer would give you the information you would need to use your own interface. It would be quite expensive and it wouldn't get you many Brownie points!..

Drekoooo

Joined Oct 10, 2020
Did you read the article I posted for you? It contains all the information you need to build and calibrate your own, using the raspberry pi. Of course you will have to do some work to design and build your own mask and interface it to the microcontroller, but that is what final year projects are all about.You can buy a sleep apnea mask containing the thermistors but I doubt whether the manufacturer would give you the information you would need to use your own interface. It would be quite expensive and it wouldn't get you many Brownie points!..
I'll work on that and what should I do regarding the heart beat sensor and temperature sensor

Hymie

Joined Mar 30, 2018
Not that this answers your questions, but bear in mind that the design should meet the product safety standard IEC/EN 60601-1 covering electrical medical equipment.
Sensors connected to a raspberry pi and then on to a PC based system is unlikely to comply.

Medical equipment requires a much higher level of electrical safety than typical household products. The reason for this is that the person electrically attached to the medical equipment may be unconscious and unable to reduce the potential electric shock due to an adverse reaction (let go). There is also the possibility that the sensors may not be readily removable from the body.

Normally the solution would be to provide some additional isolation within the front end sensor circuit.

The simplest solution might be to connect the raspberry pi to a laptop powered from a medically approved power supply (or powered from the laptop battery only), with no other electrical connections to the laptop. Even this may not meet IEC/EN 60601-1, but at least there would be no possibility of a mains electric shock from the system.

If you research the above issue (even if you do not comply), you’ll get extra brownie points acknowledging that it is a design requirement.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Have you done any research at all for the sensors you need and how to use them? I had no problem in finding everything online. This is supposed to be YOUR final year project, not ours. Once you have done some work on it, and need advice on technical problems you encounter, please let us know and we will be happy to help you solve them.
Regards,
Keith

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
If you are completely out of your depth with this project, I suggest you find a simpler one that is within your knowledge base and skill set.