help regarding atmel 89c51 micro controller

shiva21h

Joined Apr 8, 2007
hi,

i have written a program and i want to feed that data into Atmel 89c51 micro controller. i don't know how to feed data into it.
can you suggest me how to insert the data into the controller.

what all hardware and softwares required ....

could you please help me in this .....

could you also tell that were can i get the required hardware( serial port) and software.

cheers

regards
shiva

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
You will need something similar to this 89C51 programmer to download the hex code file into the device over your PC's serial port.

The assumption is that your code development software already has created the downloadable file in the proper format.

You can google for other programmers that are on the market.

hgmjr

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Have you looked at the material on the Atmel website? They make the device, and are reasonably familiar with how to use it. As you say you have written a program, you may need to find a programmer for the 89c51. Atmel makes several.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Make sure you check into the programmer board before you commit to a purchase to make sure that it has all of the feature you will need to meet all of your programming needs.

hgmjr

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Many Atmel parts are designed with a bootloader and can be programmed repeatedly after being installed on a board. No need to buy a programmer if you have one of these.