Help Reading a Cue Light Circuit Diagram and Suggestions

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
The drawing is kind of hard to follow. Your choice of switches is correct. SPDT, with a center off position. The drawing for that switch isn't very clear. Does this look better?
You have attached a pdf file and delered it, why ?

And the messages didn't delete.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
You have attached a pdf file and delered it, why ?

And the messages didn't delete.
I had to redraw the picture before I understood what it accomplished. I got confused on switch versus connector on your drawing.
Re: the LEDs
They do not need a precise current. If you don't need full brightness they will run on a 1K or even 2K resistor and your battery will last longer. Higher than 20 mA they will withstand but your battery will drain more quickly.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
I had to redraw the picture before I understood what it accomplished. I got confused on switch versus connector on your drawing.
Re: the LEDs
They do not need a precise current. If you don't need full brightness they will run on a 1K or even 2K resistor and your battery will last longer. Higher than 20 mA they will withstand but your battery will drain more quickly.
Your concerned was right, but how much currrent of leds should be drawing that it depends on the TS not me, all I calculated just according the TS shown in the first posted.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Your concerned was right, but how much currrent of leds should be drawing that it depends on the TS not me, all I calculated just according the TS shown in the first posted.
Sorry. I didn't realize who my last post was going to. Intended for TS.

robrobrob2

Joined Apr 2, 2016
Thanks guys!

So what I'm hearing that the resistor does not matter so much if I don't care about the brightness(as long as he resistor is not to an extreme in either direction).
Thank you all so much, but I was wondering how this could be converted to AC should the need present itself?

Last edited:

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Thanks guys!

So what I'm hearing that the resistor does not matter so much if I don't care about the brightness(as long as he resistor is not to an extreme in either direction).
Thank you all so much, but I was wondering how this could be converted to AC should the need present itself?
Same circuit, no resistors, incandescent lamps to match the voltage.

robrobrob2

Joined Apr 2, 2016
Thanks and assuming I were to keep the resistors do you know of a good place to buy these somewhat uncommon resistors? I sadly could not find them at RadioShack. Furthermore, is it possible to buy a wall wart(ac adapter) from a reputable organization or eBay? Finally is there a way to make the system run on ac while keeping the LEDs?

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Thanks and assuming I were to keep the resistors do you know of a good place to buy these somewhat uncommon resistors? I sadly could not find them at RadioShack. Furthermore, is it possible to buy a wall wart(ac adapter) from a reputable organization or eBay? Finally is there a way to make the system run on ac while keeping the LEDs?
There is no real safe way to run LEDs from line voltage AC. The subject isn't even allowed on the forum.