Help please

Ohms Law

Joined Oct 14, 2007
Ok guy's i need some serious help i'm in the middle of learning boolean algebra of course the professor want slow down i need this term made out of nand gates only any help greatly apreciated (d c+b'ac+a'c') please note the commas mean not.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
Ok guy's i need some serious help i'm in the middle of learning boolean algebra of course the professor want slow down i need this term made out of nand gates only any help greatly apreciated (d c+b'ac+a'c') please note the commas mean not.
You need to post your try at an answer, and how you got it. You won't learn much if you are spoon-fed.

Ohms Law

Joined Oct 14, 2007
Ok I know or think i'll need 3 nand gates for there is 3 terms but conecting them is where i get screwed up

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Two further hints.

1) If you tie the inputs of a 2-input NAND gate together you will get a NOT gate, therefore you have a means for getting the compliment of a variable.

2) You can double NOT a function without changing it; i.e. A = NOT(NOT(A))

Finally RonH is right, the big hint is DeMoran's Theorems.

Here is an example of where I have shown someone before how to do this.

Dave

Ohms Law

Joined Oct 14, 2007
three nand gates 1 3 input 2 2 inputs 2 inverted i hope lol im trying do u know i have read all the info u guys gave me and the whole chapter on gates in my text book i feel i'm still not 100% sure but im trying thank u all so much for everything

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
three nand gates 1 3 input 2 2 inputs 2 inverted i hope lol im trying do u know i have read all the info u guys gave me and the whole chapter on gates in my text book i feel i'm still not 100% sure but im trying thank u all so much for everything
So how do you "connect" the 3 NAND gates?

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Can you scan in your working out? I would be happy to give you some feedback/pointers as to where you may, or may not, be going wrong.

Dave