Help needed to identify a resistor

Rihie302302

Joined Aug 29, 2022
I need to identify this resistor and have asked in a few different shops but I’ve not been able to identify it, the colour bands are

brown/black/orange/orange

I brought some that claimed to have this colour code but they are tiny little ones and this one on the board is bigger in comparison…

Its the one labelled R69

thank you for ay helpF7D3D1F6-E619-4F71-A191-24F569EEA134.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Besides the resistance, specified by the color code, you need to specify the power rating of a resistor.

You’ve listed the colors backwards. The color code is orange, orange, black & brown. Brown is a color that specifies the tolerance. In this case ±1%. It is a 33Ω±1% resistor. Here is a calculator.
https://www.digikey.com/en/resource...ors/conversion-calculator-resistor-color-code

Now as to the power… this is why the resistors you bought with the same code we’re tiny. They were probably 1/8 watt. These look like 1 watt at least.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi R302,
Agreed looks like a 33 Ohm say 1 Watt.
The ones you bought what are their value and how many did you buy.?
E
BTW: why do you think it is faulty.???

Attachments

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
I need to identify this resistor and have asked in a few different shops but I’ve not been able to identify it, the colour bands are

brown/black/orange/orange
It's 33 ohms 1% tolerance. What did the shops say?

You read the color code backwards. Orange isn't a valid color for the 4th band.
resistor_color_codes_chart.jpg

Rihie302302

Joined Aug 29, 2022
Thank you for your help, yeah I used the calculator and came up with 33 Ohms but couldn’t understand why they came so tiny, thank you for explaining the difference in wattage…

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi R,
If you need to, you could connect two in parallel and another two parallel, connect those pairs in series, that will give you a 33R at 1Watt.
Do you follow OK.?

E
Added image.

Attachments

Last edited: