Cropped images from the 3 pictures:
con1.jpg con2.jpg con3.jpg

The first one looks similar to the connectors used on these jumpers:
2260738.JPG
upload_2017-9-26_20-47-33.png
I use the 0.25mm "slot" on this crimper:
SN-28B-MiniEuropStyleCrimper.jpg
The die seems to be called SN28B:

The pictures of individual connectors are too blurry and nothing to use for scale.

Last edited:

diesalweasel

Joined Aug 28, 2010
Cropped images from the 3 pictures:
View attachment 135915 View attachment 135914 View attachment 135916

The first one looks similar to the connectors used on these jumpers:
View attachment 135917
View attachment 135919
I use the 0.25mm "slot" on this crimper:
View attachment 135918
The die seems to be called SN28B:

The pictures of individual connectors are too blurry and nothing to use for scale.
Many thanks for your fast reply. These look like they should do the job. I own them jumper wires my self and to be fair .they would be around the same size. I had to repair a electric golf bag trolly it took me ages to do 12 connections had to do it old fashion way trying to use side cutters and pliers to bend metal over lol. Cheers

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
1) Look on digikey.com for the type and series of connector, use the search filters.
Find the exact type of crimper for the specific terminals and gauge of wire.

2) expect to pay $300.00 for the real thing.

Anything less will result in sketchy, failure-prone connections.
These connectors are so small and finicky, the "mash and pray" technique ain't gonna cut it. A generic crimper die might look appealing, but a few fractions of a mm difference means breaking the wire, or an incomplete crimp.

diesalweasel

Joined Aug 28, 2010
1) Look on digikey.com for the type and series of connector, use the search filters.
Find the exact type of crimper for the specific terminals and gauge of wire.

2) expect to pay $300.00 for the real thing.

Anything less will result in sketchy, failure-prone connections.
These connectors are so small and finicky, the "mash and pray" technique ain't gonna cut it. A generic crimper die might look appealing, but a few fractions of a mm difference means breaking the wire, or an incomplete crimp.
Will do many thanks. Btw is digikey any good to buy from ie delivery of goods i usually buy from ali .i usually buy gaggets for the multimeter

Don't:

Go for these:

TE Connectivity 696202-1

Hozan P-707

Distributors like mouser e.g. http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity/696202-1 have the WRONG PICTURE and won;t change it. The datasheet is correct. I personally have the AMP tool. It sometimes is called AMP Service Tool II. I think I paid $20.00 for one that I used at work.

Newark.com has the wrong picture - datasheet is correct.

https://www.alliedelec.com has the right picture.

www.digikey.com has the right picture.

What's your opinion of mouser and Newark.com if they won;t change the picture to match the datasheet?

The one I bought the AMP tool from ebay had too much friction. You had to pull it open. A little valve grinding compound fixed it completely.

You get both a wire and insulation crimp.

Last edited:
I should have said, a little "valve grinding compound" and some "elbow grease" e.g.opening and closing them multiple times worked.
Lubrication wouldn't cut it. It was an ebay purchase.

Tried to fix the distributer screw-up in both places. I'm trying again at Mouser.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
If this is for production use for a company then the expensive solutions post above are somewhat correct as you must use listed/approved tooling for that manufacturers specific terminals to avoid additional testing costs,etc....

If this is for hobby use there are tons of "knockoff" crimpers now that are far cheaper..
Digikey/Mouser/Newark/Farnell are not your sources for them..
Ones like this are what a hobbiest will buy..
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...9-399c-49e1-901a-7b8786e59436&pf_rd_i=desktop