Help me for boost up current mA...urgent

jian999

Joined Nov 15, 2014
I am doing magnetic generator and the project details in the link below
https://www.facebook.com/gesolution?fref=ts

Now I am facing too small current to light up a led bar.........
The current of my generator is 0.1mA.
I was trying to find a current transformer but the minimum input of CT is 5A......
So, anyone has the idea or experience to boost the current, such as current booster circuit.....
I am trying to use amplifier circuit but no function

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
The only way to 'boost' the current is by having an external current source that can supply the 'boosted' current, the original current would then control the external current source.

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
A "current booster" is otherwise known as an amplifier (eg NPN transistor) powered by a power supply (eg battery). The source of the "boosted current" is the power supply powering the amplifier.

The only other "current booster" is a normal AC power transformer, which if it has fewer turns on the secondary side will have a higher current than the primary side. There is no power gain, however. If fact, core losses make the secondary I*E smaller than the power input...

You cannot violate the Laws of Thermodynamics...

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
If your generator is producing AC, then you can apply it to a transformer as Mike says, to get increased current from the secondary winding but at a lower voltage than the input voltage. If your generator produces DC then you can't use a transformer.

upopads2

Joined Sep 20, 2014
attached is a boost topology idea... you could use something like that.
There are also lots of boost topology ICs but not sure you want to go to that level

Attachments

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
attached is a boost topology idea... you could use something like that.
There are also lots of boost topology ICs but not sure you want to go to that level
But these do not boost power, which I think the OP was asking about... I'm sure he wants higher current while keeping the voltage the same, which is not possible.