Help ! JLCPCB doesn't have the push button with integrated LED that I had planned on my PCB

foruuser

Joined Oct 31, 2021
hi,
I just finished my pcb layout everything is there but I am uisng a Arduino style push button with integreated led inside the button,
Do I have to replace it by a part that is available on JLCPCB? and that would mean redesign my pcb layout ( i hope not !!!) ?
or do you know another pcb maker that has small prices and more parts availability? thanks for help

I haven' t put any holes for separate leds, I have to redesign my case too ? please no

one I chose
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32700248410.html

one they have
https://www.4project.co.il/product/102641

nope not the same shape !!

Jon Chandler

Joined Jun 12, 2008
Are you having your boards assembled by JLC? If so, you must use components available and in stock in their system. If you choose other parts, those positions will be unpopulated on your assembled boards. But the switch you've selected can be easily soldered in place.

If you're not having JLC assemble the boards, you can use any parts you want to.

JLC's assembly service is far far cheaper than assembly anywhere else.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
If you use a company like PCBWAY, they will buy parts from Digikey or any other distributor that ships globally. Prices are ok.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I hope I am not just pointing out the obvious, but next time, try selecting the components before you start layout. I never gave a circuit to a PC desinger/engineer without having selected all of the parts -how would they know what to lay out?

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I hope I am not just pointing out the obvious, but next time, try selecting the components before you start layout. I never gave a circuit to a PC desinger/engineer without having selected all of the parts -how would they know what to lay out?
He likely did but in our current supply-chain-challenged era, parts disappear before you finish the project. Especially at JLCPCB where you cannot reserve inventory of components at their warehouse and they will only populate parts in their inventory (they will not order or wait for parts for your specific project).

foruuser

Joined Oct 31, 2021
yes this is a good idea, but its my first project and I am using arduino components, so its hard to know what is compatible/available at the pcb mount facility. and also i have a rotary encoder and arduino that i will plug in my self, so that is easier !

foruuser

Joined Oct 31, 2021
Are you having your boards assembled by JLC? If so, you must use components available and in stock in their system. If you choose other parts, those positions will be unpopulated on your assembled boards. But the switch you've selected can be easily soldered in place.

If you're not having JLC assemble the boards, you can use any parts you want to.

JLC's assembly service is far far cheaper than assembly anywhere else.
do you know another company that will mount outsourced parts? like pcbway? but i'm in europe so anything closer than china/usa would be better

foruuser

Joined Oct 31, 2021
on jclpcb i just upload my gerber and i get a quote
on pcbway there is a page where i dont understand anything and i cant upload gerber for quote,
can you tell me the settings to input for a rockbottom price?

foruuser

Joined Oct 31, 2021
I am also looking for giant children switches/levers and a steering wheel that are unbreakable to fit to my pcb probably with cables this time

foruuser

Joined Oct 31, 2021
ok thanks,
I was wondering also, if I want to sell my pcb and 3D case to different customers, how can i have them individually sent to different adreses for shipping, to avoid the delay/cost and task of receiving them to me and then having to reship them?

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
ok thanks,
I was wondering also, if I want to sell my pcb and 3D case to different customers, how can i have them individually sent to different adreses for shipping, to avoid the delay/cost and task of receiving them to me and then having to reship them?
UPS has a drop ship service. You send cases to a UPS warehouse and everything someone places an order, you fill in a web page and UPS prints the label, and sends it out. Or, Amazon can do the same for you.
PCBWay will charge you a fortune if you want to have one made every time you get an order so that is not reasonable.

foruuser

Joined Oct 31, 2021
Sounds good, does it have to arrived in individual boxes or they also receive, open and divide smaller boxes inside big one?

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Sounds good, does it have to arrived in individual boxes or they also receive, open and divide smaller boxes inside big one?
For UPS, it has to be in a shippable container. I think Amazon will put it in an envelope/box for you but they charge a fraction of your selling price instead of a fee based on size/weight of the box being stored in their warehouse and shipped.

foruuser

Joined Oct 31, 2021
ok thanks, good to know
I have a question about jlcpcb and pcbway, when i order on jlcpcb they see my parts in my bom and they say which one they dont have instantly, on pcbway i had to send a excel file and was asked to wait more than 48 hours, is that the easy way? or am I doing something wrong? thanks

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
ok thanks, good to know
I have a question about jlcpcb and pcbway, when i order on jlcpcb they see my parts in my bom and they say which one they dont have instantly, on pcbway i had to send a excel file and was asked to wait more than 48 hours, is that the easy way? or am I doing something wrong? thanks
That's the way pcbway works. You'll also need to send a second file with component placement coordinates. Your PCB drawing software should generate a test file with the coordinates.