Help Identifying a 3-Pin SMD...Diode?

jbriddle

Joined Jan 20, 2020
Let's see if I can go 2 for 2!

Hello. I'm trying to identify a 3-pin component that's used with the USB input on a Kenwood KDC-HD545U car stereo faceplate. The surface is labeled with a "K" and what appear to be a "c" and perhaps a "1" in a dot matrix-type format (I could find nothing on Google). It's labeled "D82" on the PCB. I made a mockup of the label on the component's surface. There's also a picture of the stereo PCB below.

Thank you!
Jeremy

Mockup of the component in question:
SMD Diode.png

Stereo PCB:
Stereo PCB.png

Last edited:

jbriddle

Joined Jan 20, 2020
Hello. By the way, the dimensions of the component I'm trying to replace are 1.90x1.20mm.

I did some more research and found the SMD Codebook. There are three components with the code 'K' in the codebook. The only one of those components with 3 pins is the MRF917:

Code: K
Device: MRF917
Manufacturer: Mot
Base: N
Package: SOT323
Leaded Equivalent/Data: npn RF fT 6GHz

The datasheet for the MRF917 says it's a transistor. However, the label on the PCB says "D82" which leads me to think it's a diode. I have found some 3-pin diodes that look very similar to the component I'm trying to replace (for example, the BAT54AL Schottky barrier detector and switching diode).

Is anyone could help me decipher the marking diagram and microdots in the first post, that would be great.

Thank you,
Jeremy