Help identify a Diode, specs or sub?

TonyOfAllTrades

Joined Oct 27, 2019
This should be simple for everyone here WAYYY above my level. I'm repairing a car ECU and found a shorted diode. I have not been able to find any reference or data sheet to replace or substitute it. Any and all help is welcome. The markings are and pic included: M (Motorola) w91327 212s7420191027_135624-1.jpg20191027_135709-1.jpg20191027_152902-1.jpg

TonyOfAllTrades

Joined Oct 27, 2019
I already know its a higher current rectifier from searching and found none of the n6mbers with no specific results. Also DL'd several Motorola rectifier and diode reference and cross ref PDFs and the listed numbers werent even close to mine. They did show a large range of specs in my form factor so Id rather ask for help to determine what THIS ONE IS before "just throwing one in that looks like it" and frying a RARE $300 ECU. I came to the experts for help, who may have the knowledge of experience or documents to determine what its SPECS are to be sure of a proper substitute. Not to be given a link to the same thing ive spent a day already doing.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Actually, pretty much the only thing at risk in empirically testing diodes with the same package is the diode itself.

You said this one is shorted. With that being the case, if those diode didn’t smoke the rest of the ECU, another can’t either.

For the record, how did you determine it is shorted?

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
I came to the experts for help
I do relize such frustrates -- but you came to the wrong place -- experts cash your money -- this is public forum as is https://cr4.globalspec.com/ (i guess their expertize is higher than here -- if their all not retired yet) leaves you another option https://www.quora.com/
(but i haven't seen anyone trying to ident. components there -- so you can make a precedent)
. . . i do not comment how i evaluate the attitude of your response (no one here is the blame you appare to be a poor seeker)