Help ID on some components

Qbraxis

Joined Feb 26, 2017
I just bought out a old vintage electronics companies stock. I bought it for the tubes and some other things but many of the parts are out of my scope of understanding. Any help on ID would be much appreciated.

Attachments

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
The large round copper colored thing labeled One Cent is a US Penny which is worthless. If you have about 250 of them you can buy a gallon of gasoline. :)

The other gizmos look to be a pile of semi-conductors which could be transistors. I can't make out the print on them and you don't mention what the markings say? They look to have three leads and could really be anything.

Ron

Qbraxis

Joined Feb 26, 2017
The large round copper colored thing labeled One Cent is a US Penny which is worthless. If you have about 250 of them you can buy a gallon of gasoline. :)

The other gizmos look to be a pile of semi-conductors which could be transistors. I can't make out the print on them and you don't mention what the markings say? They look to have three leads and could really be anything.

Ron
Markings read CDC RT 122 6819

Thanks

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
My best guess is a transistor. You could take some measurements using an ohmmeter and see if you can bias any junctions and see how one behaves. Could be a transistor or dual diode or any number of semi-conductor devices. This is where I like meters like my old Simpson 260 for looking at transistors and similar devices but even with a DMM you should see something.

Ron

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I saw some of those white belly transistors in the early 1970's. It's just a different color of packaging. Could be as simple as a lot of 2N3904's. The thing to do is get out an ohm meter and see how they measure.

The 6819 would be a date code of the 19th week of 1968.

Kjeldgaard

Joined Apr 7, 2016
A short search for RT212 transistor leads me to believe that it is an old transistor type.

And I have seen this encapsulation a long time ago.

Qbraxis

Joined Feb 26, 2017
I bought out and got a ton of stuff it's hard to estimate the cost of any of it. I am still sorting it I am just trying to figure out what some of it is. I would like to thank everyone for the help. I am sure I will have tons more questions.