help for project !

extremeads1

Joined Feb 10, 2007
Sir,
i'm a student of Final Year ENGG Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication Engg and i m looking ahead to build a project using a microprocessor or a microcontroller (typically 89C51,8051 or else will do) costing max 125 USD as a part of my curriculum.
My Project Ideas Are:
(1) Automatic targeted system.
in this the concept is to detect the enemy interference ,track it and beep the alarm all using a microcontroller.
(2) Ice protection system on flight.
my concept is that at high altitudes ice accumulates over the wings and may cause failure, so to design a project for detecting ice accumulation and then blow it up using a blower(i read somewhere) all this may be done during the flight(i know its impossible to demonstrate) or on the ground when the plane is at halt(can be demonstrated),ofcourse using a microcontroller.
(3) Ground proximity warning system.
concept: till the airplane is at a height of 10cms from the ground level (scale :1cm=100ft )i.e reference for the sensor will be 10cms and the system will remain off for this condition once the plane goes below the reference the sensor will detect this condition and then it will illuminate the PULL-UP indicator if possible along with a simple beep,all using a microcontroller.

(sir i have two more project ideas but i'm not clear about their concept,i will mail you those later).

The Main Problem Is That The Above Projects Which I Have Mentioned ,To Be Frank ,I Dont Even Know Whether They Can Be Constructed Using A Microcontroller In A Budget Of 125USD.
Sir , I'm Desperately In Need Of Help So Can You Provide Anything Realted To These Projects BLOCK DIAGRAMS,CIRCUIT DIAGRAMS,OR WEBSITES.
sir pls help me out.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Quite possibly, neither do we. It is your project, after all. Do some research.

1. Don't understand your concept.

2. Might be feasible - check Google for "de-icing systems" & "wing icing detection".

3. NASA wrote up a system of projected spotlamps that could alert a pilot of terrain changes some years ago.

chuckey

Joined Jun 4, 2007
To detect Ice I have seen a system that uses the added mass of the ice coating to change the resonant frequency of a tuning fork. You could mount two transducers on your wing, wire them up to oscillate via an amplifier, then measure the frequency of oscillation to give you a handle on the ice thickness.
I don't understand what you mean by $125, for the whole piece of kit, for the processor only?
Best of luck Frank

i'm a student of Final Year ENGG Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication Engg and i m looking ahead to build a project using a microprocessor or a microcontroller (typically 89C51,8051 or else will do) costing max 125 USD as a part of my curriculum.
If you read other and newer posts from extremeads1 you'll see he's nowhere near finishing yet alone starting his final student project on time (5 months from now best I can figure)
He gets stuck on often a trivial point and apparently just gives up and starts something new. He's on HIS FINAL YEAR in a DIPLOMA (University) course! Did he actually attend? :confused: It was a crane, now it's a wireless water & traffic system. Next week who knows but seriously how did he get to final year engineering in the first place?

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
its not for us to be concerned about Mr B.R.E.
what matters is he is trying.

I m no good in electronics but the third one did seem a lot easier and practicable to me.

its not for us to be concerned about Mr B.R.E.
what matters is he is trying.

I m no good in electronics but the third one did seem a lot easier and practicable to me.
The difference is he's in his final year of University, many of the questions he asks should be trivial at that level of schooling.

Read his new posts, he's not working on a deicing system.