Help connecting board to PC

KidVicious

Joined Jun 18, 2022
Hey everyone! So I have a cnc machine that has a control board (not sure that’s what it’s called - please correct me if I’m wrong) connected via a 40 pin fpc ribbon to an atom motherboard (which has a 40 pin fpc/ffc drawer) running Windows 10 (see pic for motherboard). That motherboard died and the manufacturer refuses to sell just that board.

So I am trying to figure out how to attach this to another motherboard running windows 10 and get it to recognize it. I see the board has the 40 pin fpc/ffc connector, a usart connector, and a mini b connector which I believe all send data out?

before the other motherboard died I did a clean install of windows and it recognized all of the components plugged from that board within windows (I just had to install the drivers as they showed as unknown devices), so it’s just figuring out how I can connect it to a new motherboard and get it to recognize it - finding another motherboard with that 40 pin fpc/ffc drawer has proven difficult. I don’t know if that’s the only way to connect or wether the mini b or usart would work to connect (I did plug them each into a pc I have and it says “Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)”). Not sure if the bios (it’s an AMI bios) plays a part it windows recognizing it?

Anyway, I spent a lot of money on this machine, so any and all help would be amazing! Thanks everyone.

Attachments

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
Hey everyone! So I have a cnc machine that has a control board (not sure that’s what it’s called - please correct me if I’m wrong) connected via a 40 pin fpc ribbon to an atom motherboard (which has a 40 pin fpc/ffc drawer) running Windows 10 (see pic for motherboard). That motherboard died and the manufacturer refuses to sell just that board.

So I am trying to figure out how to attach this to another motherboard running windows 10 and get it to recognize it. I see the board has the 40 pin fpc/ffc connector, a usart connector, and a mini b connector which I believe all send data out?

before the other motherboard died I did a clean install of windows and it recognized all of the components plugged from that board within windows (I just had to install the drivers as they showed as unknown devices), so it’s just figuring out how I can connect it to a new motherboard and get it to recognize it - finding another motherboard with that 40 pin fpc/ffc drawer has proven difficult. I don’t know if that’s the only way to connect or wether the mini b or usart would work to connect (I did plug them each into a pc I have and it says “Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)”). Not sure if the bios (it’s an AMI bios) plays a part it windows recognizing it?

Anyway, I spent a lot of money on this machine, so any and all help would be amazing! Thanks everyone.
So the "atom" motherboard is that Intel board shown on the Alibaba site? Why can't you just buy that board from Alibaba if it's that board that's failed?

KidVicious

Joined Jun 18, 2022
So the "atom" motherboard is that Intel board shown on the Alibaba site? Why can't you just buy that board from Alibaba if it's that board that's failed?
Yes, that’s the one shown. They no longer sell it, I’ve already reached out to the manufacturer.