Help be greatly appreciated, Just to wore a basic 4 channel receiver to motor please

Brinamo

Joined Mar 29, 2021
Hello.
I would like to wire this remote to the motor, but not too sure if got right parts? Any help appreciated, thanks for your time..

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If post #2 is correct, the receiver is just a digital output.
The module appears to require a PWM signal, so it would appear they are incompatible?

Brinamo

Joined Mar 29, 2021
Hmm ok, so then can just run the 4channel receiver to the motor? or would i need a mosfet, hence thinking that what the mos driver would be?
Thanks

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Appears to be a 4bit output receiver and the motor driver requires PWM?
That board has four independent "channels" that go high when the corresponding "key" is pulled high on the transmitter. The output of each channel is 5V, logic level. I don't know what the TS wants the motor to do.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Hmm ok, so then can just run the 4channel receiver to the motor? or would i need a mosfet, hence thinking that what the mos driver would be?
Thanks
The first question is rather important: What do you want it to do? The obvious choices are start motor, stop motor, forward/revers motor, or run motor with a controlled speed, (faster or slower). These are the fundamental choices, and sometimes there are combinations, like reversable speed control. So before anything else, the desired control function must be known. Otherwise you only get guesses.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I realize that, but the motor board mentions PWM control.
Need more info in the project from the OP!
Yes, I saw that. I have some of the remote control boards so I wanted to be clear what the outputs are. You mentioned "4 bit" but it's really just 4 1-bit outputs. The board allows them to be momentary, latching, or mutually exclusive latching.

Brinamo

Joined Mar 29, 2021
Hi thank you for the replies, I have put the motor on as an example, initially its to run a 12v electromagnet, so its just a few presses of the remote on and off, sorry should put that up. Was initially using 2 channel receiver with built in relays, but little too large for the project hence, these would be lot better... Thanks

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I think you are best off getting yourself a module that accepts 3.3V to 5V to operate a relay, or just get one that does 4. That way you will quickly have what you want. Such boards are very common. You just want something that to have its input driven high to turn on the relay.

Brinamo

Joined Mar 29, 2021
1617050757658.pngThanks initially this what was using, no issues, but need to reduce the base, hence looking at smaller modules... Thanks

Brinamo

Joined Mar 29, 2021
Hmm ok. Sorry if not clear, Was looking for a micro 2-4 channel RF controller, to operate an electromagnet, or a motor not supplying constant power, press of the remote button, switches on, release its off, momentary thanks

Brinamo

Joined Mar 29, 2021
Hmm ok just thought would wire up like this? Obviously not, Look please need to use the 433MHz Rf, instead of the Two Mos drive would i need a mosfet such as IRFZ44N 49A power??? Please guys...
1617138237043.png

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
The signal pin is digital. Either all on or all off. You can’t use PWM with it.

And the switching speed is too slow for PWM.

One might think the four outputs could be used as input to a four bit digital analog converter. But that wouldn’t work either. That module can only output one channel at a time.

It’s simply the wrong module for your application.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Use the module you show in #12 to latch in a relay using one channel, use the other relay to unlatch using a second channel output, depending on whether that module has any relay drivers on board, you might have to add a couple of 2n700's for e.g.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Use the module you show in #12 to latch in a relay using one channel, use the other relay to unlatch using a second channel output, depending on whether that module has any relay drivers on board, you might have to add a couple of 2n700's for e.g.
Simple and effective. I don’t believe he needs PWM but got a PWM driver because someone told him he’d need a driver.

My earlier response was based on using a PWM driver, as that’s what he had.