Hello, I want help with this project, thanks (Calculator using Multisim Workbench)

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Does your version of Multisim have 74185? If you're not required to design the converter, TI made a chip to do it. Getting to 16 bits takes a bunch of them, but they showed how to cascade them in the datasheet.

If you're required to design the circuit, the double dabble algorithm is also described in the datasheet.

There are also multiple threads on this site about implementing a converter. Only one person seems to have completed it, but s/he didn't post the solution.

yazansalm

Joined Mar 19, 2020
Does your version of Multisim have 74185? If you're not required to design the converter, TI made a chip to do it. Getting to 16 bits takes a bunch of them, but they showed how to cascade them in the datasheet.

If you're required to design the circuit, the double dabble algorithm is also described in the datasheet.

There are also multiple threads on this site about implementing a converter. Only one person seems to have completed it, but s/he didn't post the solution.
Multisim don't have 74185

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Multisim don't have 74185
I expected that. You could make your own component, but that would still require you to design it.

If you search for old threads on this site, you'll see that Proteus has the part for schematic entry, but not simulation.

yazansalm

Joined Mar 19, 2020
I expected that. You could make your own component, but that would still require you to design it.

If you search for old threads on this site, you'll see that Proteus has the part for schematic entry, but not simulation.
Well thank you and I hope if you find something like this tell me

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Well thank you and I hope if you find something like this tell me
Not sure what you mean.

I've implemented the circuit described in the double dabble algorithm and have cascaded it to 16 bits. I've also programmed an EPROM to convert to 4 BCD digits (based on work done by another member to do 2 digits).

yazansalm

Joined Mar 19, 2020
Not sure what you mean.

I've implemented the circuit described in the double dabble algorithm and have cascaded it to 16 bits. I've also programmed an EPROM to convert to 4 BCD digits (based on work done by another member to do 2 digits).
I designed a circuit to convert from binary to bcd sty from bcd to 7-sigment

yazansalm

Joined Mar 19, 2020
I'm having difficulty understanding your posts. Could you post schematics?
I want to design a simple calculator, enter two 4-bit binary numbers, and the addition result decimal appears on 7-segment i designed circuit to add two binary number and Show the result in bcd system Currently I want to show the result in 7-segment This needs to convert the result from bcd to decimal

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Currently I want to show the result in 7-segment This needs to convert the result from bcd to decimal
This conversion is easy because Multisim has a BCD to seven segment converter. Converting a 16 bit binary number to BCD is more difficult.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
For grins, I cascaded my 4 bit converter to do 16 bits. It took 5X more converter blocks than the 8 bit.

Homework help will only go as fast as you absorb suggestions and post results. It's a good thing you have several more months.