Hello from a new member.

GMKF

Joined Apr 29, 2020
Hi I am Max

I read a couple of threads without loging on, so here I'am. I am a student at TU Dresden (electrical engineering).
My intrest at the moment are low distrortion low parts count amplifiers. Right now working on a Supersource Buffer.

Thanks
Max

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!

There's a thread in Off Topic (something like Who are you?) where you can read about other new members.

Sfantry

Joined Apr 25, 2020
Hi. Welcome. I'm new here too. Im finding AAC a wealth of information and people have been very responsive and helpful. Good luck with your project

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
Helo hello gmkf, welcome here. I am just 1200 km off You northeastward. But to answer Your question need to know 1) DC or AC 2) frequency 3) target K(u) 4) output current and Z(o). And better if useage for what. Otherhow amplifier per se is so the same wide expression as Nature. Water? Air? Plants? Animals? Poisons? Climate? etc etc. PS - what is supersource. What are buffer characteristics.

GMKF

Joined Apr 29, 2020
But to answer Your question need to know 1) DC or AC 2) frequency 3) target K(u) 4) output current and Z(o). And better if useage for what. Otherhow amplifier per se is so the same wide expression as Nature. Water? Air? Plants? Animals? Poisons? Climate? etc etc. PS - what is supersource. What are buffer characteristics.
1: AC.
2: The more the better. But not at the expense of distortion performance.
3: Target k(u) ? If you mean voltage amplification should be close to 1.
4: Output current greater 10mA. Impedance smaller than 1 Ohm

I would like to see an amp that amplifies animals :)

Supersouce is descibed here: https://lib.dr.iastate.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=8433&context=etd
In my opinion buffer characteristics are voltage gain of one, low output impedance i.e. current gain

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi I am Max

I read a couple of threads without loging on, so here I'am. I am a student at TU Dresden (electrical engineering).
My intrest at the moment are low distrortion low parts count amplifiers. Right now working on a Supersource Buffer.

Thanks
Max
Hello and Welcome.

BTW there is a forum section where you can introduce yourself.

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
RE:""I would like to see an amp that amplifies animals"" - sure may, the last one still hangs somewhere in specific milking cow stomack transmitting the radio signal each hour.

OK, in the file I understood the Supersource is nothing about Power Source, and only meaningful word there was "super". Thats well. Now What the target of frequency stands. The LNA for 1 GHz looks completely other as for 90 GHz and completely other than for 10 MHz. By the way, I tried to order last week the new stock of gone BF910X (90 GHz) and it is written - obsolete. Instead are produced - 90 MHz. So I stepped back to 85, then 80, then 75, then 70, then 60 and all all all are becamed instantly obsolete. WHAT HAVE BEEN HAPPENED !!!!

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
By the way, very stable results may be harvested from two or three bjt cascade (A letter) with strong inner negative loop (up to 20-30 dB at 10 GHz) and even better with "verytical" cascode (O letter) with or without pre-cascade on basis of two-gate transistor. Often element choice is BF998 with BFU 020/725/730/ or BFP 620/842/740/640 (better amperage)/520/632/450 (as more to end of raw the slower). If the dynamic ultra-wide range is the target, the multitude of adaptive biasing schemes are available as well for cascode. So, Google for GHz range LNA circuit. Use pictorial regime. And dont forget that in such high freq the pcb material becomes a major source of noise and losses. Best material commercially available, except the ultra-expensive ceramic pcb are Rogers Duroid, there are one such for well adapted natural cooling, other for minimized loss factor and third for high temperature operations. Priceing for A3 sized pcb piece between 200-400 USD depending of name.