Hello, from a new member to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Signboy

Joined Jun 10, 2016
Hi all, I bumped into this site while googling something-or-other, and quickly realized it needed a place in my favourites bar and a login.
You guys seem pretty cool, and this seems like an almost overwhelming archive of info.

Some background if you care:
I fell in love with the mysterious world of electronics the moment I first opened a fried distortion pedal to see if I could fix it. I knew absolutely nothing at the time, and I didn't get the pedal fixed. 3 years later... now I know very little.
In an effort to not be a cheap labourer all my life, I'm going back to school, which is a bit of a scary prospect at 40.
There is an Electronics Engineering Technology program at the CC here (2 yr diploma), and I figure I might as well try to learn something I'm genuinely interested in as opposed to something I don't give two figs for. From what I can find about the EET program, it seems pretty widely applicable, but I'm feeling a bit out of my league as I've spent all my working years just picking stuff up and putting it down.

Advice, insight, etc welcome.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
@Signboy, Welcome to AAC, undoubtedly the best site of its kind on the whole web.
Hope you find a lot of the info helpful. If you need any assistance, don't be afraid to ask.
There are a lot of knowledgeable folks here willing to help.

btw, there is a thread where you can introduce yourself. We can move this over if desired.

Signboy

Joined Jun 10, 2016
Wow. I don't know how I missed that, it's pinned to the top & everything. Heh, every once in a while, something happens that makes me wonder if I should really be applying for classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.