HDMI switches?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
That device is a simple direct-coupled manual switch with no buffering, that's why it's bi-directional.

The auto ones are often remote controlled with internal buffering so they can drive longer cables.
The are also generally not bi-directional and usually are 2 inputs to 1 output.

There are also powered HDMI splitters which will allow 2 simultaneous outputs from 1 input (but they must be the same resolution if both TVs are on at the same time).

How long is the cable from the switch to the TV's?

Whichever is best depends upon your needs and application.

P.S. Why all the blank spaces in your post? :confused:

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
That device is a simple direct-coupled manual switch with no buffering, that's why it's bi-directional.

The auto ones are often remote controlled with internal buffering so they can drive longer cables.
The are also generally not bi-directional and usually are 2 inputs to 1 output.

There are also powered HDMI splitters which will allow 2 simultaneous outputs from 1 input (but they must be the same resolution if both TVs are on at the same time).

How long is the cable from the switch to the TV's?

Whichever is best depends upon your needs and application.

P.S. Why all the blank spaces in your post? :confused:

Thanks crutschow; I have 30 feet from my Roku 4, i have chosen this type of push button cause one of my Displays close to roku is 1080P and the display 30 feet away is 720P, and i did not want to lose resolution,this way i only can have one display at a time ,
i had bought before a switch that the only way to have both displays at same resolution was to have both displays with 1080p,not one 1080P and other 720P,it only always detect 720 p, the lower resolution, i returned it,luckily Amazon is spectacular when it comes to refunds you get back what you payed,not like some sites that screw you for 2 shipment charges the one when you order and the other when you return.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Thanks crutschow; I have 30 feet from my Roku 4, i have chosen this type of push button cause one of my Displays close to roku is 1080P and the display 30 feet away is 720P, and i did not want to lose resolution,this way i only can have one display at a time , ..........................
30 feet is a fairly long distance for HDMI. Make sure you have a good quality cable for that run, since the manual switch doesn't have a booster amp.

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
30 feet is a fairly long distance for HDMI. Make sure you have a good quality cable for that run, since the manual switch doesn't have a booster amp.
Thanks crutschow: i've got this one. Do you know how these switches are built ,i seem not to find info on how these switches are made,and these switches are all similar built,they all have almost same bad and good reviews, on these type of push bottom hdmi switches don't see anything better!

http://www.amazon.com/Aurum-Ultra-E...psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I think the manual switched ones just have a multiple-pole double-throw mechanical switch to switch all of the wires from either of the two HDMI output connectors to the one HDMI input connector.