Having issues with establishing a connection between totalphase I2c with EEPROM M24C32-RDW6TP

ashokraj

Joined Feb 1, 2018
I have started using total phase I2C host adapter. when I am trying to communicate with my target i could not able to communicate !! it is a simple process of connecting two wires of host adapter to my target but it is not working out.

if some one has worked with any of these two parts( Total phase I2C host adapter and EEPROM M24c32) there experience would benefit me.
I am trying to write data and read back

Writting data : EEPROM by sending 0x50 as slave address, 00 00 as Byte address, 02 as data.

Conclusion: I could not able to establish a communication between total phase and eeprom.

Any insights are greatly appreciated.

Product links:
I2C host adapter
datasheet of EEPROM

ashokraj

Joined Feb 1, 2018
A0, A1, A2 all grounded ? Device address.

WP not connected or tied to ground ?

Regards, Dana.
E0 E1 E2 tied to ground.
WP is connected to vcc too its like below picture, when writing i have connected wp to ground.
device address is : 1010 0001585837796456.png

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
Can you see serial data on scope/logic analyzer ? To see both timing and ACK state
on the buss.

You show a pulldown on SCL, reason for that ?

You show WP with a pullup, but internally there is a pulldown. No spec on its value
range. So question is what is high level voltage when pin is terminated with the 4.7K ?

This might help - https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/reading-and-writing-serial-eeproms/all

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:

ashokraj

Joined Feb 1, 2018
Can you see serial data on scope/logic analyzer ? To see both timing and ACK state
on the buss.

You show a pulldown on SCL, reason for that ?

You show WP with a pullup, but internally there is a pulldown. No spec on its value
range. So question is what is high level voltage when pin is terminated with the 4.7K ?

This might help - https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/reading-and-writing-serial-eeproms/all

Regards, Dana.
yes i can able to see the data in scope

logic high level state is 3.3V.

your questions made me find the reason why it is not working;
the reason is, in my schematic the scl is pulled high where as in the application notes of EEPROM in st.com SCL has to be pulled low!!!
I am almost positive that this is the reason.