'Haunted' reply box!?

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Kind friends

Beginning today I've noticed the following text apparent in the (virgin) reply field:

"Remember the human - Be courteous when replying to others."

Please see image embedded at end of post...

1) Is it a hack?:confused:
2) If not, is it personal?:eek::(

In any event I'm dyin' to know which particular human is at issue?;):D

Sincere advance thanks for 'clearing up' points 1 & 2:)

Best regards
HP:)

Untitled.png

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
This isn't a "hack" (?). Nor is this personal. It's just a general reminder - in fact, a bit of a throw back to the early days of the internet (anyone remember the term "netiquette"?).

There's no real rhyme or reason why I changed the placeholder text today - I just did, and I like it.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
This isn't a "hack" (?). Nor is this personal. It's just a general reminder - in fact, a bit of a throw back to the early days of the internet (anyone remember the term "netiquette"?).

There's no real rhyme or reason why I changed the placeholder text today - I just did, and I like it.
Thanks for the prompt response! -- Very pleased to learn it's not personal:):cool:

Very best regards
HP:)

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Beginning today I've noticed the following text apparent in the (virgin) reply field:
Thank you for asking this, as I too was going to inquire about it. Thought it was directed at me since I've been warned to "let it go" a few times lately by an unknown moderator. Moderators should when giving personal warnings at least have the courtesy to sign their work. As it is now, it's kind of like Noah hearing God say, "build the ark, Noah!"