Hate speech is not politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
@jrap , @bertus
Being black, Asian, Caucasian, gay, or transgender is not a choice,. if you indulge yourself in talk against them you are not welcome at this site. It will be moderated and dealt with accordingly. Several people several days ago felt it was OK to make snide comments about transgendered people (trans for short). Everyone has a right to their own beliefs, but if they are hateful or bigoted in the opinion of the staff do not expect them to go unnoticed. It is a shame I had to post this. Being ignorant is not political it's just stupid.

Danko

Joined Nov 22, 2017
For the record...
A confession and an Outing.
You are entitled to your opinions but always keep it civil.
Wendy's Index
Hi @Wendy,
I very good understand you, especially your psychology.
But here you are m o d e r a t o r !
Moderator, when performs its duties, should be like machine:
No gender, no emotions, only professionalism, logic and rules.
For links to your private stories, PM or social media are exist,
not electronics forum.
Think about it.

Danko.

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
There is a clear need to develop a new typology of communities to help organize & understand the variation
evident in different kinds of communities.
This is in every sense of the word a community! The moderators & AAC members comprise this community
& keep a very tentative amount of cohesion adapting to real world changes! This change is what I call a family!
Relationships which form around an similar interest "electronics",which comprises and incorporates every
scientific discipline known to mankind! Each community evolves particular conventions of behavior and actions,point,counter-point
like & dislike,it is like having the relatives over for Christmas. (Edit:) any freaking holiday you want!
It's a beautiful thing! Which makes AAC unique. So with that said.
At this holiday table, we could all use a little bit less salt in our diet! And without salt in the human diet we will all surely die! In this specific case I do not apologize in expressing myself with innuendos!! Because I am no one's brother! or sister! Just knowledge incarnate!
Wisdom? Not so much!

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
Everyone starts Life as a Blank-Slate.

Everyone faces challenges that come close to ending their existence as they know it.
There are no exceptions, just People who don't talk about those particular challenges.

How a Person chooses to deal with these challenges is what makes all the difference.
It can develop "character", or it can destroy your life.

There will always be times when Life seems completely unfair, for each and every Person.
Pick Yourself Up, and get back in the Game, or else.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Moderators are members too.

It is like when you are Chair at a business meeting. When you are Chair, you wear the Chair's hat and you cannot take sides.
When you want to express an opinion as a member you have to temporarily step down as Chair and you no longer can assume the privileges of being Chair.

Moderators on AAC have to do the same thing. When participating as a member you have to temporarily forego the role of being a moderator. You have to be aware of when you are acting as a moderator versus when you are a participating and contributing member to a thread.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Hi @Wendy,
I very good understand you, especially your psychology.
But here you are m o d e r a t o r !
Moderator, when performs its duties, should be like machine:
No gender, no emotions, only professionalism, logic and rules.
For links to your private stories, PM or social media are exist,
not electronics forum.
Think about it.

Danko.
think about this:
We are not machines, we are volunteers. You want professionalism, try not spouting hate under the guise of politics (we don't allow either). Then we are very professional.

@LowQCabq
This also applies to you. This is not a debating society as you seem to think. It is an electronics forum. You want to debate the advantages of a transistor over an IC I am your girl.

Last edited:

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
think about this:
we are not machines, we are volunteers. You want professionalism, try not screwing up. Then we are very professional.
Think about this,
When I said in another thread that partially sprouted this thread...

Mod @Wendy -
So, let me get this straight, as long as we out ourselves about why a particular political issue affects us (i.e. 'why a topic "hits close to home" for us'), we are allowed to post political rants? Thanks for clarifying the site's position on politics - albeit on a rather obscure thread for such purposes.
I didn't have hate or any anti-trans message as implied in this PM sent to me by Wendy...
2334D4F1-2AF1-4206-8C6C-043F8DB1DB84.jpeg

I am stunned that my carefully worded, neutral language caused Wendy to jump to a conclusion that my statement was hateful.

I just wanted to be clear that if i "out" myself as a victim of Gun Violence I feel I should get the same free pass to discuss the politics of guns, gun lobbying and policing method associated with guns - just the same way Wendy got a free pass to discuss the politics of her topic. So let me ask again, quoting my earlier post, "as long as we out ourselves about why a particular political issue affects us (i.e. 'why a topic "hits close to home" for us'), we are allowed to post political rants?" or is "justified political talk" reserved only for Mods?

Regards,
-Waiting for apology from Wendy because I don't hate.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
I don't "Hate" either.
It's too bad Wendy didn't understand my message,
there's a lot of hard-earned wisdom in it.

Sympathy is pure POISON, it's a proven fact.

Danko

Joined Nov 22, 2017
...try not spouting hate under the guise of politics
Show me, where is "hate":

Below is my post, you deleted,
which is description of your activity with links,
you propagate through internet.

"Stone the crows!
Seems here politics is prohibited, but propaganda of
transsexualism would be an asset".

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
MrSalts
I would recommend the OP edit the DesignSpark file that you just invested 4-hours to create - but that would require the OP to
- use a Windows-based tool,
- the Mods to allow a DesignSpark file to be uploaded (or putting your designSpark file into a zip).
- the OP to come back to this site after his shameful banishment.
The OP in question made a clear hateful comment about transgender people (for which he was given a one day ban), you chose to defend him so that puts you in the same group. I noticed you didn't really defend anyone else from this except him which means you believe in what he said. All it takes for evil to prevail is good men doing nothing. You are not innocent. Moderators have the ability to see what posts said before they were edited. I would not hold your breath waiting for an apology, because it is not going to happen. I only apologize when I do something wrong.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008

"Stone the crows!
To me it is obvious you cannot be swayed by facts. Come to think of it you got a one day ban too. I can quote sources for my beliefs. Can you? Facts do not care if you believe them or not. Declaring something as fake news does not make it so. A common tactic among certain vocal groups.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I don't "Hate" either.
It's too bad Wendy didn't understand my message,
there's a lot of hard-earned wisdom in it.

Sympathy is pure POISON, it's a proven fact..
When you defend haters you have joined them. A large IQ is not wisdom. You wanted to get into this conversation. Again, this is not a debate. It has nothing to do with electronics, and everything to do with AAC policy. Which is not open for debate.

Last edited:

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
MrSalts
I would recommend the OP edit the DesignSpark file that you just invested 4-hours to create - but that would require the OP to
- use a Windows-based tool,
- the Mods to allow a DesignSpark file to be uploaded (or putting your designSpark file into a zip).
- the OP to come back to this site after his shameful banishment.
The OP in question made a clear hateful comment about transgender people (for which he was given a one day ban), you chose to defend him so that puts you in the same group. I noticed you didn't really defend anyone else from this except him which means you believe in what he said. All it takes for evil to prevail is good men doing nothing. You are not innocent. Moderators have the ability to see what posts said before they were edited. I would not hold your breath waiting for an apology, because it is not going to happen. I only apologize when I do something wrong.
Now that's just silly.
I was definitely not defending the guy - I was making fun of him because he won't use Windows, he won't use DesignSpark and I was rather careless in my grammar to allow you to interpret the statement in the exact inverse which I intended. The fact that he was banned was not shameful, his actions were shameful. Being banned puts shame on him. I was questioning whether the guy would come back after someone posted that he was banned.

Moderators have the ability to see what posts said before they were edited.
do moderators also have the ability to see who even saw the OP's post that resulted in his ban? I surely didn't see the post and had no idea what the post said. Please check the list of who viewed the OP's shameful post. I'm surely not on the list. Use the tools available to you. It is quite difficult and nonsensical to defend a guy I don't even like (see my posts in that thread for context - clearly criticizing is failure to use the advice and acknowledge the help he was given).

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Wendy,
Evil, and statements that You don't "Like",
or that You personally construe as having some kind of "hidden-evil-intent",
are 2 completely different things.

You got into the frame-of-mind that You are in, at least partially,
because of some obscure Evil People, You will never meet those People again.
And, I am well qualified to make that statement,
I have literally saved the Lives of 4 People and possibly several more,
simply by talking to them.
I understand how and why People work, and do the things that they do,
way better than anything to do with dabbling in Electronics,
which is just an occasional hobby.
I've spent 35-years seriously studying People.

Stop Pointing Your Finger.
The only time You should be pointing a Finger is when You are looking into a Mirror.
The only Person who can do anything about what goes on inside your head is YOU.
No one else is "causing" You to think any particular thoughts,
and someone is not automatically Evil if something they
say "reminds-You" of an unwanted thought.
Something may have happened to You in the past, but it's not happening right now,
and who, or what, caused this situation IS LONG GONE.

Please allow me to present You with a useful Tool ........
Thoughts can be like a "Run-away-Train",
they can "Snow-Ball" on You if You're not careful.

This is (one of) the Rule(s), it applies equally to everyone on this Planet.........
When a thought comes into your Head,
You have exactly 16-seconds to change the subject.
If YOU don't change the subject, a similar thought will add to the first thought,
and then a third, and then a fourth, and so on.
This cycle will not stop until You get a truly restful, and complete, night's sleep.
When You wake-up, that thought will very likely not be on your mind.
Do not worry about it coming back, if You do, it most certainly will come back.

You have 16-seconds to change the subject to something more positive.
This skill took me around 3-months before it became second-nature to me.
You can do this too.

I forgive You for any negative thoughts You may have had about me, or any one else.
Please stop pointing fingers, it will only perpetuate the situation.
And, talk to yourself in the mirror every chance You get.
Affirmations work great if You keep at them.
What You dwell on will eventually become your reality.
What part of this is not a debate are you not getting? There's someone who is supposed to be smart I would expect better. I did not even bother to read that last diatribe. This is not about me and you cannot make it so. You are just wasting time on the keyboard, I don't have to use the ignore feature to ignore you.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Arguing with a moderator is futile, and if you persist will not have a good outcome. While you did not say anything directly you chose to question moderation, again which could not end in a good outcome. That was a direct violation of terms and rules.
So, you're not taking the advice of your fellow mod?

Moderators are members too.

It is like when you are Chair at a business meeting. When you are Chair, you wear the Chair's hat and you cannot take sides.
When you want to express an opinion as a member you have to temporarily step down as Chair and you no longer can assume the privileges of being Chair.

Moderators on AAC have to do the same thing. When participating as a member you have to temporarily forego the role of being a moderator. You have to be aware of when you are acting as a moderator versus when you are a participating and contributing member to a thread.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010

"Stone the crows!
Just so you know that there are different opinions than yours, as far as I’m concerned, this quote oozed hate! That you don’t believe so speaks volumes about your character. Very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.