Harman Kardon HK3380 Transformer specs

SaileshR

Joined Jan 25, 2021
Hi, this is my first post. I hope I'm in the correct forum.

The primary winding of T102 in my amplifier is open and I've no way of getting a spare. Could anyone please help me with the specs of the transformer:
Secondary voltage -
Current capacity or VA

This would help me in either rewinding the transformer or buying an equivalent in India.

Thank you.
Sailesh.
P.S. The service manual though quite detailed only mentions a part number which is of no use.

Last edited:

SaileshR

Joined Jan 25, 2021
Hi, this is my first post. I hope I'm in the correct forum.

The primary winding of T102 in my amplifier is open and I've no way of getting a spare. Could anyone please help me with the specs of the transformer:
Secondary voltage -
Current capacity or VA

This would help me in either rewinding the transformer or buying an equivalent in India.

Thank you.
Sailesh.
P.S. The service manual though quite detailed only mentions a part number which is of no use.
Sorry, the number should read T602.
Thank you.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
T602 is a low voltage low power transformer that supplies power to the standby and soft power control.
It needs to supply +15VDC after a fullwave rectifier.
I am going to guess about 24VAC 100mA centre-tap.
If you show a photo of the transformer with a ruler for scale we can estimate the power requirements.

SaileshR

Joined Jan 25, 2021
T602 is a low voltage low power transformer that supplies power to the standby and soft power control.
It needs to supply +15VDC after a fullwave rectifier.
I am going to guess about 24VAC 100mA centre-tap.
If you show a photo of the transformer with a ruler for scale we can estimate the power requirements.
Thank you Mr. Chips. Let me send you a photo. In the meanwhile, here's some additional info, this drives a 5 V regulator (7805), which is used for the standby circuit. Also there's a 12VDC relay, which when Powered, turns the main power transformer On. Circuit attached here too.
IMG_20210401_191051.jpgIMG_20210323_213421.jpg