Harman Kardon Esquire Gen 1 microusb board.

MarikBG

Joined Jan 10, 2021
Hello guys.

I have harman kardon esquire gen 1 with destroyed microusb port. I tried fixing it but the port was destroyed beyond repair and i cant save it. Can somebody help me locate this board e201107 like on the picture. I searched online but im newbie in this kind of stuff and i really want to save the bar.
Thanks in advance...
132433143_180109020472644_2132548919659933964_n.jpg131984271_311275806846775_5479065589884415579_n.jpg

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
These are fairly standard pieces - USB ports. You should be able to find an exact replacement or very close replacement at digikey.com or other distributor of electronic parts, simply desolder the one you have and add in the new one.

MarikBG

Joined Jan 10, 2021
These are fairly standard pieces - USB ports. You should be able to find an exact replacement or very close replacement at digikey.com or other distributor of electronic parts, simply desolder the one you have and add in the new one.
Thanks for the response but i am looking for the board. The paths on this board are destroyed and i cant replace the usb.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Make a new one. Or buy a scrap unit for parts. PCBs are not an off-the-shelf replacement part unless you contact the manufacturer and they happen to stock and sell them - which I doubt in our disposable society.
If you decide to get crafty, you can scrape the green solder mask off of the copper to a point where the usb connections should be. And solder some small jumper wires from there.

Free software is available to redraw the circuit if you can carefully remove all the components. Companies like jlcpcb can make 10 of them for you for under $10 total with shipping from China. Then solder the bits back on with a new usb.

Good luck with your project

MarikBG

Joined Jan 10, 2021
Make a new one. Or buy a scrap unit for parts. PCBs are not an off-the-shelf replacement part unless you contact the manufacturer and they happen to stock and sell them - which I doubt in our disposable society.
If you decide to get crafty, you can scrape the green solder mask off of the copper to a point where the usb connections should be. And solder some small jumper wires from there.

Free software is available to redraw the circuit if you can carefully remove all the components. Companies like jlcpcb can make 10 of them for you for under $10 total with shipping from China. Then solder the bits back on with a new usb.

Good luck with your project
I'm not that good with this stuff but i'm goinf to try the second option you provided. Can you recommend me software for the redrawing of the circuit? I think i will mess this up but i can try it.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I'm not that good with this stuff but i'm goinf to try the second option you provided. Can you recommend me software for the redrawing of the circuit? I think i will mess this up but i can try it.
I use DesignSparkPCB but the PCB board company offers this one and integrates with their ordering system more easily for beginners - or so I'm told.
https://easyeda.com