Hardware in Loop Test circuit for Carbon nanotubes

Richi Nixon

Joined Dec 8, 2015
Hi,

Focus of this topic is to build a test circuit for CNT devices, so that it can analyze few of the parameters for example current, voltage and frequency.

So in this case, parameters that need to be considered?

Thanks and Regards,
Richi Nixon V

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Hi,

Focus of this topic is to build a test circuit for CNT devices, so that it can analyze few of the parameters for example current, voltage and frequency.

So in this case, parameters that need to be considered?

Thanks and Regards,
Richi Nixon V
So how do carbon nanotubes have a voltage, current or frequency?

Richi Nixon

Joined Dec 8, 2015
So how do carbon nanotubes have a voltage, current or frequency?
Well, to put up in short description Carbon nanotubes are used in manufacturing of sensors and semiconductor devices because of its unique electrical and mechanical property. Just like any other materials CNT's are widely used as polymer composites.
Now the question is when a device is manufactured with CNT composite and since its in nano scale, there are certain challenges to test such devices in terms of nano scale. Here am looking for a test circuit to do so.
Thank you for your interest in topic, hope this explanation has cleared your doubt.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
The biggest parameter to consider is size. Can you get the composite result is in human workable size, then an ammeter in series and slowly apply voltage?

Richi Nixon

Joined Dec 8, 2015
Yes exactly size plays a vital role.. In order to use any of measuring device I think I need to amplify the measured value.. All I am looking here is an proper circuit diagram to do so.
Thanks for the suggestion.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
In order to use any of measuring device I think I need to amplify the measured value.. All I am looking here is an proper circuit diagram to do so.
All we are looking for is proper information.
Do you want to monitor a voltage or a current?
What is the range of values for the voltage or current you want to amplify?
What is the gain you need? What is the output voltage or current range?
What are the lowest and highest frequencies of interest?
Is the input signal referenced to ground or do you need a fully differential input and common mode suppression?
What is the source impedance of the signal, or the needed input impedance of the amplifier?

ak

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Well, to put up in short description Carbon nanotubes are used in manufacturing of sensors and semiconductor devices because of its unique electrical and mechanical property. Just like any other materials CNT's are widely used as polymer composites.
Now the question is when a device is manufactured with CNT composite and since its in nano scale, there are certain challenges to test such devices in terms of nano scale. Here am looking for a test circuit to do so.
Thank you for your interest in topic, hope this explanation has cleared your doubt.
Yes, and transistors, capacitors, etc. So is the question how do we monitor and test nano-size devices?
I can't find info on what kind of voltage and currents nano-transistors work on.

Richi Nixon

Joined Dec 8, 2015
As of now I have very few inputs like,

I need to monitor voltage.
Range would be in terms of milli volts, no specific number.
yes the signal would be referenced to ground.

All we are looking for is proper information.
Do you want to monitor a voltage or a current?
What is the range of values for the voltage or current you want to amplify?
What is the gain you need? What is the output voltage or current range?
What are the lowest and highest frequencies of interest?
Is the input signal referenced to ground or do you need a fully differential input and common mode suppression?
What is the source impedance of the signal, or the needed input impedance of the amplifier?

ak

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
The document shows a four-wire or differential measurement method, and it is measuring voltage. There are many integrated instrumentation amplifiers with laser-trimmed resistor networks that can produce a gain of 1000 with very little error. Analog Devices and Linear Technology are the leaders.

ak

Richi Nixon

Joined Dec 8, 2015
Thanks a lot for your valuable input.
Hereby I could conclude that after referring to many such documents, I believe without such specific instruments its hard to measure CNT parameters just with a bare test circuit.