Great tool for transformer calculation

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Hi guys, I just found a great website that lets you easily calculate the parameters of a transformer or inductor, given the core parameters and material.
I was trying to choose some suitable core to make a flyback for geiger counter, and this really came handy instead of doing a bunch of calculations by myself to choose what fits my goal.
http://dicks-website.eu/coilcalculator/index.html

Also, the webpage is very simple with no dependencies or links to php content etc., so you can save it to your computer in case it ever dissapears and it simply works from your local drive.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
That’s a sweet tool. Do we have a “useful links” collection or thread here somewhere? I suppose the admin wouldn’t be thrilled about sending people off-site but stuff like this is gold.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
That’s a sweet tool. Do we have a “useful links” collection or thread here somewhere? I suppose the admin wouldn’t be thrilled about sending people off-site but stuff like this is gold.
If such a thread is ever started, it MUST consist of just a SINGLE post progressively edited so, whoever comes looking for info, has to look into a single long list and NOT into a never ending thread with tens of posts (something that nobody does).

All stickies not complying with that, fail at the very start.

There was one about electronic shops that was getting more and more posts added. Useless way of spending time that nobody will get any benefit from. Ask Bertus about it.