Google search

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I was searching the net for 2n5460 spice model. And I must say most of the hits were OK. But some hits on the other hand was of a more lugubrious kind:eek:

Attachments

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Watch the teen stuff down load,I don't about overseas,in the U.S.

teen stuff can you get 50 years in jail. I didn't click on it,Mr. Moderator

what do think,should teen links be on U.S forum. Be safe......

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
I am all for internet freedom,especially after hearing that the people of canada can stand either with the government or with child molesters, but how is it legal for those words to even appear together?

The other thing about current government control is that you were looking up a transistor, but with gov't tracking everything, someone can assume other things. Wouldn't browse adult sites for a while:eek:

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
In a past job I had to explain my web history when I was looking up some potting material and goggled (or probably yahoo'ed) the company "emmerson cummings"

I don't know why but the first 3 pages were all pron, and I did click the top one or two before I actually read the links.

Warnings popped up on the server. Whoops.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
The mother site for this seams to be a site for bloggers. I have seen this before. Spammers post a spam post containing a long list "popular" search phrases. Which they hope Google will pick up. Then they add some bogus links they hope some will click on. But I am still puzzled by how the "2n5460 spice model" ended up among the more less questionable search phrases

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I have often noticed that some sites return bogus results of the string of characters you just typed. I don't know if that happens realtime or other people have googled the exact same phrase as you.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I checked, it is still there. I didn't bother to click the link.

Lots of cases these are virus traps. It would serve whoever right anyhow if it were.

Problem is, lots of innocent sites are also virus traps. Google does try, but it is a contest.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Are you certain you don't have spyware on your PC? I just did the same search and came up with no such results.

It seems unlikely that this site would contain the exact phrase you searched.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Are you certain you don't have spyware on your PC? I just did the same search and came up with no such results.

Well, google customizes your searches to find the best matches after looking at other sites you have accessed.... :eek:

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011

you might be right. I had something like this happen to me once. I don't know where it was picked up, but whenever I would go to a site it would pop up one of those **** links. It took a bit of work to get rid of. On the other hand, might be part of new and improved Google experience :p

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Well, google customizes your searches to find the best matches after looking at other sites you have accessed.... :eek:
Well, yeah...
http://forums.ni.com/t5/util/emoticonspopuppage# Huh, To my defense must I say that I do not know what you are talking about. All this did happen then I was helping a friend ( his name is Jens by the way). I can not be held responsible for what this friend may or may not have done with his computer:p

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
The cruise ship models also appeared on my google list.

I used those exact words. However, when I search for spice models it's more like +"2n5460" +"spice model"

The plus sign indicates that must be on the page. The quotations indicate all the words must appear in that exact order. It's just a habit that I always put quotations even for single words.

If I wanted to omit the spice models, I would use -"spice model" and any page with those two words would not be shown. That's the way you keep garbage out of your searches.

One of my earliest searches on the internet included PVC pipe back in the mid 90's. It's human nature to be distracted and as such, the internet does a wonderful job of distraction. The results for pvc pipe included erotic clothing. Yes, I was distracted from my primary search to see the revelence between the result and the search.