Norton Risk Indication For Google Search Results

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
I have Norton Security and it gives an indication of the risk for each search result.

The risk levels are indicated by a green, yellow, gray, and a red icon. They are quite useful for identifying risky sites in advance and keeping malware out. I use Google for most searches and the icons were always there. However, these icons are no longer appearing on Google searches.

They do appear on Yahoo and other search engines, but not Google.

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
I'm paying $150/year for Norton and it does seem to be worth the $$$.

When the risk indicators were working, it showed that several sites were dangerous (Red) and I know to stay away from them.

It was able to get rid of the Powelikes Trojan which was the last world wide infection. If there's anything that's equal to or better than Norton, let me know.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
I'm paying $150/year for Norton and it does seem to be worth the $$$.
:eek: $$$ is right. I just paid around 45 bux for a 5 system license of Norton Security.

As far as getting rid of it, it seems to uninstall when I want it to (used to have to do that for older versions). Otherwise, I get along fine with it. The only gripe is that the latest update doesn't seem to have the nice network map that the previous one did. But they did add stock photos of attractive young people to populate the menus...

All in all, its pretty trouble free and it doesn't seem to have as much impact on system performance as some others I've tried.
YMMV