Good-day all. Please I Urgently Need 100 kHz Functin Generator Circuit

nma

Joined Feb 1, 2016
Good-day all. Please I urgently need help with my project. I am working on a signal generator that can generate three wave forms: Square wave, triangular wave and sinewave. The maximum frequency is 100kHz. I used op-amp (TL072). The square is on coming out well.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Good-day all. Please I urgently need help with my project. I am working on a signal generator that can generate three wave forms: Square wave, triangular wave and sinewave. The maximum frequency is 100kHz. I used op-amp (TL072). The square is on coming out well.
The help you require is going to cost you dearly because it will require previous adivination to know what circuit you did implement.

Just in case, providing a schematic, the cost is much much lower. Please reconsider.

Ah, if urgent, cost goes high again.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Without seeing a schematic diagram of your design, complete with all components and connections, we can't do much to help you.

I can take one wild guess, however: if you're trying to use a section of a TL072 as a comparator to get your square wave output, be aware that at 100 kHz your square wave won't be very "square"; it will be more like a distorted, asymmetrical trapezoid because of the TL072's limited slew rate (typically 13 V/μS ). If you want a good, clean square wave use a proper comparator (LM339, LT1116, etc.) instead.

nma

Joined Feb 1, 2016
The help you require is going to cost you dearly because it will require previous adivination to know what circuit you did implement.

Just in case, providing a schematic, the cost is much much lower. Please reconsider.

Ah, if urgent, cost goes high again.
Thanks for the response. I did not understand the response first but now clear. This is the circuit:

upload_2016-2-1_19-51-47.png

nma

Joined Feb 1, 2016
Without seeing a schematic diagram of your design, complete with all components and connections, we can't do much to help you.

I can take one wild guess, however: if you're trying to use a section of a TL072 as a comparator to get your square wave output, be aware that at 100 kHz your square wave won't be very "square"; it will be more like a distorted, asymmetrical trapezoid because of the TL072's limited slew rate (typically 13 V/μS ). If you want a good, clean square wave use a proper comparator (LM339, LT1116, etc.) instead.
Thanks for the response. This is my schematic:

upload_2016-2-1_19-54-50.png

nma

Joined Feb 1, 2016

Infact OB, I thought as much that TL072 could be the problem because of the slew rate. Please also check my other components because I am due to submit my work on wednesday.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Please also check my other components because I am due to submit my work on wednesday.
If this is a school project for which you will be graded, that's considered homework and should be posted in the Homework Help forum so responders won't simply give you answers.

nma

Joined Feb 1, 2016
Without seeing a schematic diagram of your design, complete with all comPleponents and connections, we can't do much to help you.

Please these are also the triangular wave and sine wave circuits below. Any corrections will be highly appreciated.

triangular schematic from a simulation is
upload_2016-2-1_20-51-4.pngupload_2016-2-1_20-51-4.png

sine wave from electronic workbench:

upload_2016-2-1_20-53-50.png