Go Cart motor mount adjusting

Mr.Miyagi

Joined Mar 7, 2018
Hello, not sure where to post this exactly for suggestions but here it is.

Problem, the cart motor mount is mounted to the cart as you can see in the pictures using two brackets with vertical slots on each bracket. The brackets are then bolted into the fram of the rear axle. The problem is the slots when adjusted to max distance apart. Start to slide down while the engine is running due to vibrations. This makes the chain loose some tension.

Does anyone have suggestions for re designing the mount? Or should I change what I am using? I need to be able to adjust the tension but I don’t want it to slip

I thought perhaps using a set of threaded rods would work but before I go out and try different things any thoughts?

Thank you!

Attachments

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
It will probably depend on what surface he is driving on. He might have to pin it.

Is there any kind of suspension at all?

Putting the motor beside(either before or behind) the axle would help too.

Mr.Miyagi

Joined Mar 7, 2018
Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll get some of those star washers and test it again.
As for suspension there is none. And it’ll be driven primarily on pavement.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
+1 on the Star washers.
I would have thought it better on the original to have used self locking nuts instead of a pair of locking nuts.
You may want to try that in conjunction with the star washers.
Max.

Mr.Miyagi

Joined Mar 7, 2018
So the star washers helped a little but it still slips. I'm thinking I might just have someone make me a new plate on the right side where the chain is that is 1 solid piece and has mounting holes instead of slots. Then mount a chain tensioner onto that face that'll sit on the loose side of the chain any thoughts?